Chapter 58

WARNING THERE IS A SLIVER OF SMUTTINESS IN THIS CHAPTER. IT'S GONE IN A BLINK BUT IT'S STILL THERE.

_________________________

It didn't take long for the unlikely duo to make themselves at home. As soon as Shikamaru was out the door, Sasuke was helping himself to some top shelf whiskey. Kisame looked on reluctantly but was given the infamous Uchiha brow. it was almost taunting him. Bloody Uchiha's and their expensive tastes. Had Kisame not needed something strong after tonight, he'd have been more than happy with a beer. And not that trendy, craft beer, just whatever was on tap would have sufficed.

Kisame could still remember the look of repugnance the first time Itachi had seen his 'home bar'. It was a bottle of vodka left behind by his ex and an expensive bottle of wine he'd received from a client. He never entertained guests and It wasn't like he drank anything hard at home, he was much more of a beer guy. If circumstances rose that required something stronger, he'd just hit a bar so he wasn't wallowing at home, alone.

Kisame accepted the tumbler Sasuke offered him. It felt weird having the younger Uchiha serve him. It was so amusing that he couldn't prevent the snort from escaping him.

Sasuke looked at him unimpressed. "What?"

"Nothing," Kisame chuckled before taking a sip of his beverage. He found that it was smooth and rich. The soothing burn it left behind in its wake was exactly what he needed. Okay, maybe an expensive taste wasn't a bad thing.

"Right," Sasuke just barely rolled his eyes.

Kisame smirked. "It's just...who would have thought you'd make such a great bartender."

Sasuke scoffed, but it didn't hold its usual bite. "Don't get used to it, shark face."

"But what if it's your true calling? I'm just trying to be supportive here," Kisame chortled.

"What, like your stint in stripping?" Sasuke sipped his drink with an amused smirk.

"Hey, you may think it's funny but had I failed the bar, I'd still be set." With a shit eating grin, Kisame moved provocatively as if he were going to undo the buttons on his shirt. "I can give you a demonstration if you'd like?"

Sasuke wasn't shocked, Kisame had always been a wild spirit. He was always looking to get a rise out of people. "I don't think there's a strong enough drink out there for me to want to see that...no offence."

Kisame feigned a pout. "You wound me Uchiha." But by the time the words got past his lips he broke out in a guttural laugh because even he couldn't take himself seriously.

The two men had always bantered, but this time it was different. Without others present it was like any barrier between them had been completely eliminated. Sasuke couldn't deal with many people in a private setting, but the longer he spent with Kisame, the more he found himself accepting of the man's presence. Kisame had always been different from what Sasuke could remember of Itachi's first relationship. After going through what Itachi went through with Deidara it was obvious that Kisame had to have something special about him, Itachi wouldn't have stayed with him otherwise.

As the night went on, Sasuke and Kisame's intake of alcohol increased at an alarming rate. Neither of them knew whose idea it was, but at one point they had left the comfort of their VIP bar in the pursuit of the overly crowded dance floor below. There were sweaty bodies all around, inappropriate touches as well as drinks being gifted to them left and right. It ended up being a group of married women that were indulging in a night out that Kisames and Sasuke found themselves socializing with. At one point Kisame got up on the bar and started performing, Barbie girl with one of them. By the time he started singing, "my boobs are plastic" instead of "life is plastic," one of the rather angry bartenders was demanding they leave or he'd call security.