Chapter 51

"Excuse me, Ms. Kesshō?"

Startled by the deep thunderous voice the orchid harried woman turned around and immediately took an extended look up. "Y-yes?"

Naruto began to extend a hand to the woman. "Sorry to interrupt I just wanted-"

Naruto dropped his hand as he was cut off by a loud raspy voice that was strangely delicate. "Mom!"

Running towards them in a white and black tuxedo was a young teenage boy. The teen had long sandy hair with shaggy bangs that nearly obscured his vision. His eyes were a striking fuchsia that easily stood out against his fair complexion. There was a certain kindness that permeated from the teen that Naruto found himself smiling at under his mask.

"Yūkimaru stop shouting, you weren't raised in a barn," Guren half heartedly scolded the teen while sending apologetic glances to all who were disrupted by her son's antics. The classical music may have been loud but her sons voice far surpasses the beautiful melody.

"Sorry mom, I was just excited," the teen rubbed his neck and chuckled sheepishly before turning towards Naruto with a beaming smile. "You're Kurama! My friends and I love your music!"

Naruto chuckled at the teen rambunctious ramblings but Guren found the bombarding rude. "Yūki! I'm sure this man doesn't need you pestering him."

"But mom," Yūki began to whine as his posture slouched.

"It's fine really," Naruto's smile was reflected in his voice. He rather enjoyed the teens enthusiasm.

"Still, I'm sure you don't like getting bothered everywhere you go," Guren's voice was empathetic. She couldn't imagine the pester the man endure on the daily.

Naruto waves his hands slightly. "It's really not a bother." Looking from Guren to Yūkimaru he extended his hand and winked. "Nice to meet you Yūkimaru,"

The teen met his hand with an enthusiastic shake. "So cool. Totally worth coming."

"Yūki..." Guren began. They were now receiving some less than kind glares.

"Mom, come on!" the teen gave the typical "I'm too cool for parents" groan.

"These people may be..." the women tried to think of a polite label.

"Snobs?" Yūki deadpanned. A few more disgruntled looks were shot at them from some of the "snobs" in earshot. They had clearly taken offense, not that the teen cared.

"Ornate." Guren substituted a much kinder word as she glared at her son. "They may be different from us but they have raised a lot of money to help abuse victims. So be nice."

Naruto's voice came out hushed. "I mean, he's not wrong." All Naruto really wanted to do was laugh, because the kid was right. They may have put on a good show but the truth of the matter was most of the people who attended only cared about how many zeros their bank accounts held.

The woman turned her glare on the fox. "Doesn't that include you Mr. Famous?"

The blond released a light hearted chuckle. "Nah, truth be told, I only agreed to attend this gala for you...for Hope for Tomorrow."

"Oh?" Guren couldn't hide her surprise. She hadn't expected anyone to be interested in Hope for Tomorrow aside from the tax write off. Though that was something she kept to herself.

Yūkimaru was practically vibrating with amazement. "No way, you wanted to see my mom? So cool!"

Naruto looked at Guren and spoke softly. "I think what you're doing is amazing. I'd actually like to set up a meeting with you to have a discussion about it if you'd be up for it?"