Chapter 01

One cold rainy night in the beginning of October, a married couple were preparing for the birth of their very first child. A short, round bellied woman with brilliant vermillion coloured hair, skin as fair as ivory and indigo eyes as blue as the deepest sea, was packing her overnight bag for her upcoming birth. Her name was Kushina Uzumaki. Beside the woman sat her husband who was a tall, tanned man with luminous hair the colour of sun kissed wheat and eyes that seemed to mirror the sky on a perfect, crystal-clear summer day. He was solely there for moral support at this moment because he couldn't tell you what or why she needed or why she felt the need to pack six different bags, his name was Minato Namikaze.

Minato took it upon himself to ask if all of this was necessary because he couldn't seem to justify something so small needing seven different types of diaper cream and dozens of receiving blankets. Honestly, he thought Kushina had gone off the deep end, but he loved her and would do as she beckoned for that was his role and husband and father. In the end he did what any smart man would do in that moment, he shut up and moved the bags to the closet for easy access because Kushina could go into labour at any moment.

The days were counting down and Kushina could go into labor any day at this point. Having been a kindergarten teacher up until a week ago she was starting to go a little stir crazy not having 25 hyperactive paste eating munchkins to chase after. Maternity leave was not treating her very kindly, and she just really wanted her little boy to hurry up and get here already. Kushina was one of the kindest, gentlest souls you could ever meet and all she ever wanted was to raise a big family and spread her love to as many children as she could. When she met Minato, she had found her prince charming who wanted all the same things she wanted. It was a dream come true when they found out she was pregnant.

As much as she wanted a huge family, she had a very hard time getting pregnant. Turns out her uterus was not a very good candidate for childbearing, she was heartbroken over the news but never lost hope. The news of her pregnancy was the happiest news she could ever hope to receive in her whole entire life. Jumping for joy and screaming to the world were nowhere near enough to express the euphoria she felt. Her dream was finally coming true, and she could not wait a moment longer it seemed.

Minato has done his best to be there for Kushina this past week but working in law enforcement keeps him busy, he can be called away at the drop of a hat, or that's what he tells Kushina. Minato seems like the perfect hard-working husband and father, but you see Minato has a dark dirty little secret, he leads a group of demon worshiping cultists that call themselves Crimson Lotus. Every week they get together to worship and give praise to their ancient demons of choice.

The Crimson Lotus was formed over a decade ago. Minato stumbled on an ancient book of demons upon taking a shortcut home from school one gloomy afternoon. Spending time looking through the old brown leather book that almost appeared to be written on dried flesh, Minato originally thought that it must have been some sort of sick prank that one of the local kids wanted to play on some poor gullible citizen. Being the thoughtful, curious boy, he took it with him to prevent any hysteria. Skimming through the ridged pages he came upon something that fascinated him. The page which appeared to be written in blood, though he hoped it really wasn't the case, read a demon trapping ritual. Now, Minato had never been one to believe in devils, demons or monsters but looking at this specific page screamed out to him, and it was something for the life of him he could not begin to explain or understand.

The very same night he called over his seven friends to see what they made of the book. All of them were equally skeptical and curious. Being the weekend, the boys took the book to the old broken-down warehouse region of the village and decided they would help Minato perform this "ritual" after all they had nothing better to do and what was the worst that could happen right?