Chapter 33

Sasuke sat anxiously in class, waiting for Naruto to return from the guidance counsellors. He knew he should be calm, after all he was only a few hallways away, no big deal. However, the moment Kakashi sauntered in before Naruto a nasty pit of dread filled him, and no matter how much he tried to shake it, he just couldn't.

'Breath dumbass, he's fine.' Sasuke huffs, scolding himself.

Another five minutes passed and nothing, he was tempted to ask for a washroom pass to check up on his blond. His current thought process was frustrating him, making him feel pathetic for being so clingy and dependent, but he couldn't help it. Just the thought of Naruto sent his gut on fire, making it do all kinds of somersaults, and his heart, well, that usually felt like it was in a constant state of wanting to eject itself through his esophagus. From all the songs, movies and stories, it all pointed to falling in love with that blond Adonis of his. It was a heady feeling that was both exhilarating and fucking terrifying.

Sasuke wanted to scoff at himself, how could he, Sasuke Uchiha begin to fall in love so quickly? He didn't dare bring this conversation up with Naruto, he still wouldn't agree to fuck him, he can only imagine how the blond would react if he told him he maybe, might be, sort of beginning to start having much deeper feelings for him. It all seemed preposterous.

Itachi was a wild card, if he confided in him it could go either way. He'd either be extremely helpful, or use it as never ending ammunition for the foreseeable future.

Chuckling to himself, he couldn't believe he was sitting here worrying about his boyfriend who was only half a building away, and in the process went off on a tangent regarding his possible impending love. Sasuke really wanted to feel ridiculous, feel like he was overreacting, but he just couldn't bring himself to. For some reason he found the fact that he wasn't feeling bad about wanting to love and protect the blond scarier than the prospect of actually loving the blond.

There was a faint sound that could be heard through the closed classroom door, but nobody paid much mind. There were always idiots running through the halls causing a ruckus during class.

That feeling Sasuke was having only amplified as the sound grew a little louder, before he knew it there was a loud group clearly shouting about a fight. It clicked, he knew that Naruto was part of this fight. Ignoring Kakashi's demands to stay in his seat, he dashed out following the shouts of amped up teens. Soon he wasn't only following the shouts, he was following a steady trail of blood. It wasn't insurmountable, but it definitely wasn't a miniscule amount either.

Worried and excited shouts were echoing the hallway, getting louder and louder the closer he got.

Sasuke's heart got lodged in his throat, and his body froze when he came around that final bend. A crowd was distantly formed around a shouting Naruto who was currently slamming Kiba up against a locker by his throat. It was like he didn't even notice the crowd around him.

From what Sasuke could make out the blood must have come from Kiba, his face was wrecked. He was already swollen, broken and bruised, blood pooling from his crooked nose and bust up mouth. The brunette was gasping for air and not just because his nose was broken. Naruto was using one arm to pin him up against the locker, it was only then that it dawned on Sasuke that Kibas feet were dangling off the floor.

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT! MY LIFE WASN'T ENOUGH HUH? YOU HAD TO HURT HER TOO?!" Naruto cries out, violently slamming the busted up brunette against the locker.

The sounds, the screams, everything that was coming out of Narutos mouth was nothing but utterly painful rage. It was a blood curdling sight, to see him hold such power that he was literally holding Kiba as if he were a mere rag doll. If his eyes weren't swollen shut, Sasuke was sure they would be full of panic and terror.