Chapter 47

As quickly as he could, Naruto thanked everyone profusely before taking his leave, they deserved far more than that but he was currently pushed for time. He couldn't bring himself to look in Sasuke's direction though, the guilt was too much. Here he was leaving for the raven brother all because the idiotic man couldn't bring himself to inform his own family of his illness. Because of Itachi's cowardice he was a mere sliver away from revealing himself to the raven right then and there but quickly came to his senses when he realised what he was on the verge of doing. Yep, tonight was going to be a long night.

Sasuke merely watched with a frown as the fox disappeared from sight. Sure he could pull just about anyone, but for some reason he just didn't feel like it. He was enjoying the universal pull that made the fox and him gravitate towards each other and if he was being honest, he was looking forward to the conversation they were well on their way to having. With the man gone he barely felt like being there anymore and that was saying something because Jinchu was still one of his favourite bands. However, with the alluring vocalist disappearance it just didn't hold the same enticement anymore. 

The blond's driver had spent half an hour driving around making sure they weren't being followed before feeling comfortable enough to drop the fox off at his palace. Naruto spent the entirety of the ride trying to figure out if he should change or not. In the end he changed out of his Kurama persona and donned his casual Naruto attire. Wearing his beanie was second nature, but he couldn't help but feel like a giant tool bringing his sunglasses to wear at night all so he could hide his sapphire orbs. But it was something that couldn't be helped. For comedic purposes he found himself listening to Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart on his seemingly agonisingly slow drive to the Uchiha manor.

Before arriving he finally slid on his sunglasses, his initial feeling was right, he felt like a giant tool wearing sunglasses at night. It was bizarre when he finally arrived, it felt like no time had passed as he approached the security gate where he was greeted by Tenzo. The man still had his owlish eyes, the only proof that time had passed was the long deepened wrinkles residing in his clearly aged face.

"You are?" The elder man questioned the concealed blond as he exited his booth.

"Kurama," Naruto informed the man, hoping that was the name Itachi had given.

"Ah, yes Mr. Uchiha is expecting you," Tenzo smiled politely as he retreated back into his booth and pressed the button beckoning the gate open.

"Thanks," Naruto gave the man a curt not trying not to wallow in the sentimentality of seeing the guard again.

The property was even more beautiful than he remembered, though gardens teeming with colourful flowers are far more eye-catching than the mostly barren flower beds had been the last time he was there.

Naruto didn't allow himself time to worry, he parked and got out, not bothering to lock his car. When he approached the large intricate door he rang the doorbell that chimed to the same melody as an old grandfather clock. When the door slowly drew open he was greeted immediately by the small maid he remembered as Lana.

Lana craned her neck to look up and greet the gargantuan man. "Ah, you must be Kurama. Come in, Mr. Uchiha is expecting you." The woman stepped to the side allowing Naruto to enter.

"Yeah, thanks," Naruto responded curtly, the small woman's gaze held a certain curiosity he tried not to think about. He wasn't worried about a staff member recognising him and informing the press, no, he was worried about it being re-laid to Sasuke.

Lana closed the door behind him. "Of course," she gave a courteous bow. "If you'll follow me I'll show you to his room."

Naruto followed behind the female as she led him up the stair and through the winding hallways, he did his best to ignore passing the room he's spent countless nights in. Now wasn't the time for that.