Chapter 22

Naruto was in the middle of waiting for his toast to pop when he heard a single, loud bang, on his front door. This uninvited noise left him rather perturbed. He contemplated if he heard things seeing as there wasn't a single sound after that first initial bang. As he butters his toast his curiosity gets the best of him. Putting his toast down he walked to his front door, peering through the blinds, but no one was there.

'Hm, guess it was nothing.' He mused.

Returning back to his kitchen he set about eating his buttered toast only to find himself mentally fussing over the noise, he was positive it had to be the door. His brain wouldn't allow his mind to leave it alone. After finishing his toast he washed his morning dishes and headed back to the front door, this time opening it. Leaning out the door, he thoroughly peers around the veranda giving everything a once over. Not seeing a hint of anything out of place he shrugs his shoulders and begins to retreat back inside only to notice an envelope addressed to him taped on the front door.

The shock froze him, nobody outside the goon squad and Sasuke knew where he lives, he was undoubtedly apprehensive. As if working on autopilot he rips off the envelope gingerly before slipping back inside, closing the door behind him. When his senses finally return he's in his room seated at his cosy little desk starting at a rather peculiar note.

Dear Naruto Uzumaki,

This is probably pretty bizarre for you. Anyways, I've been on a search of sorts for quite some time, I wasn't really sure if I was going to find what I was looking for here but I can assure you that when what I was looking for ended up not only being here but being you it came as quite a shock. I would really like to formally meet you but unfortunately you ran off yesterday before I got a chance to speak with you and I have to leave town in a couple hours from the time you've received this letter. I will be back at the beginning of November. I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to fear me, I mean you, no harm, it's quite the opposite. I can't explain right now as it's something that really needs to be talked about in person away from prying eyes and ears. I'll reach out to you when I'm back in town but until then keep your head up and stay safe.

Yours Truly,

Mr. J

"Mr. J? Must be the pull guy. He could have at least left a number or something" he mumbles to himself before letting out an exasperated sigh.

After spending the better part of an hour inspecting the letter Naruto finally decides to file it away in his desk drawer for the moment. He had more pressing matters today. He has to get cleaned up, head to the Uchiha residence, go get flowers for his bandmates graves, go to said grave, purchase food for the next twenty four hours, then finally go to their camping location. He's just glad he packed his stuff last night, he clearly had enough to do today.

After making himself look presentable he gathers his things, not forgetting about his pipe and weed, he figured he may need it tonight. Not including class, he's only slept in the same vicinity as someone else once and that was a drunk Sasuke a week ago, so he figures he may need something to take the edge off. Just as he's sliding his shoes on he takes his phone out to let his stoic friend know he's on the way.

Naruto:

Just leaving now, see you in twenty.

Teme:

Alright,see ya soon dobe.

Naruto snorts in amusement. "This fucking teme."

Shaking his head at the ravens' antics, Naruto slips in his earbuds and allows Hotel California by The Eagles to consume his mind as he locks his door, heading towards the Uchihas.