Chapter 32

An obnoxious buzzing began to filter through Asuma sensei's class as he lectured his students on adding and subtracting polynomials. Irritated not only by having to stop his lesson, but physically moving from his seat he lets out an undignified grunt before stalking over towards the door where the class phone hung on the wall.

Asuma picks up the phone, pressing the corresponding flashing orange button. "Yes?"

The gruff teacher turns around and eyes the half asleep blond, causing the rest of class to take immediate notice. "Yes...Alright...I'll send him down...you too." Asuma hangs up the phone with an indolent sigh.

While the majority of class was staring and quietly murmuring to each other, Asuma turned around grumbling over everyone else, "Uzumaki, get your things you're being signed out."

Naruto furrows his brow at the sudden onset of nausea. Not only had Minato been unusually absent but he would also never sign him out, he didn't know what he was about to walk into. Wiping his face blank once more, he bides his time by gathering his things slowly. Casually glancing at Sasuke as he passed by, he could see the curiosity in his brief gaze. Naruto gives him an almost imperceivable smile in an attempt to pacify the raven before walking out of class and into the unknown.

With his bag slung over his shoulder, Naruto made his way through the large empty hallways, taking in all the club and event posters he usually never bothers to notice. Outside the office he paused to take a large deep breath, bracing himself for whatever waits for him inside. Willing himself forwards, he reaches for the handle and pushes the office door open, fully expecting to be met with his fictitiously joyous sperm donor.

As soon as he's through the doorway he's greeted, "Naruto."

Looking towards the man leaning against the front desk, Naruto quirks his eyebrow, "Itachi?"

Naruto had to have a double take, he couldn't possibly be seeing Sasukes brother here right? He almost wanted to rub his eyes vigorously in an attempt to convince himself he wasn't hallucinating. Shaking his head slightly and blinking a few more times than necessary he takes in the man before him. Every time he'd seen Itachi he was in his normal casual clothes, so to see him decked out in a finely tailored suit was definitely a change.

"Mr. Uzumaki, if you could just come sign out before leaving." Beatrice the secretary interjects, bringing the blond back from his musings.

Itachi smirks at him. "Yes, come on Naruto, we really ought to be going."

Narutos already elevated brow briefly rockets to space. Composing himself immediately he nods. "Uh...Okay?"

Naruto walks over to the schools sign out sheet, quickly filling out time, date and signing his name. He was damned if he knew the reason for signing out so he left that blank, hopefully the elder Uchiha brother would enlighten him on what the fuck was going on once outside.

Itachi flirtatiously smiles at the secretary. "Thank you so much for this Beatrice, I appreciate it."

The flustered woman swoons. "It's really no trouble Mr. Uchiha, It's nice to see someone like you taking an interest in our students."

Pushing himself back up, he flashes her a large toothy smile, "Please, it's Itachi."

"I-Itachi then." She stutters, failing to fight her hefty blush.

Sending a quick wink at the robust woman, Itachi turns to Naruto. "Ready?"

Naruto dumbly nods, not quite sure what to make of whatever the hell that was. Itachi smirks at the blond before holding the door open for him to exit first. "Thanks." Naruto mutters.