28.

i sat there quietly.

on one end i knew if i told him he would get ashton, but on the other end i knew it i didn't tell him he would get ashton. it was a lose lose situation.

"it's none of your business." i spoke standing my ground.

"have it your way." calum shrugged as he brought out his phone and texted someone. ashton.

ashton came walking in a couple moments later.

"what's up?" he spoke slowly as he saw the amount of tension in the room.

calum went ahead and explained the whole situation to ashton before ashton turned to me sternly.

"he has a valid concern, i think you owe him an answer to this." ashton spoke firmly.

"no. it doesn't matter. why are you all freaking out about me asking for a xan?" i spoke firmly as i stood up.

"why are you talking about xanax?" michael asked as he walked in.

"great more people." i sighed as i leaned against the wall.

"are you taking xans?" michael asked slowly.

"who's taking xans?" luke asked as he walked in.

jesus. perfect. now everyone knew.

"just everyone leave!" i spoke frustrated that i was being treated like an animal.

"charlotte are you on drugs?" michael asked firmly.

"no." i replied back.

"then what's the deal?" michael asked as he stared at calum and ashton.

"she asked me for a xanax." calum replied.

"why would you ask him for that? do you have a prescription?" michael asked.

"no." i whispered finally giving in.

"promise you'll hear me out?" i muttered as i sat down on the floor.

all i got was silence, which i guess was a yes.

"i was never addicted to drugs. after i saw what addiction did to my mom, i avoided them at all costs. however, given my living situation, i was always nervous. i went through periods of anxiety where i couldn't even leave the house. that one time you saw the bloody bandages i felt like i was going to die inside. i used xanax to calm down. i'm not talking everyday. i'm talking every once in a while when it got super bad, which is like maybe every 3-5 months. i'm not addicted. i never was and never will be. it just helps me calm down. are we good now?" i whispered.

"where did you get them from." michael asked slowly.

"street. don't worry. my mom never knew or gave them to me." i spoke immediately telling that calmed him down.

"that's so fucking dangerous charlotte. that could go so wrong." ashton stressed.

"i know. i'm sorry." i mumbled.

"are we good now?" i added.

"of course. thank you for being honest. i can help you, any of us can help you, if you're experiencing anxiety. there are way better coping skills than xanax trust me." ashton smiled softly.

"now can you all leave so i can sleep." i mumbled.

luke nodded, "come on."

michael hesitantly followed behind him.

"we're here for you and your mom." ashton added before leaving the room.

"he's right you know. we are here and we aren't leaving." calum replied swiftly.

"i still don't know why you couldn't let it go." i pointed out.

"drugs kill people charlotte. i see so many kids come in who have overdosed or are addicted and can't quit that i'm not willing to take the chance with someone i care about like a daughter." he spoke firmly.

"that's the most you've said to me since we've met." i pointed out.

"i felt too awkward about the situation, but after spending two 14 hour car rides with you, i found a care for you that i never knew existed." calum spoke before standing up and walking out.

i was about to lie down when michael came in.

"i'm sorry, that was probably awkward." he spoke softly.

"a little." i mumbled.

"i'm sorry. i never got a chance to tell you that. i'm sorry about how we met and i'm sorry that you were suffering and i couldn't tell." michael whispered.

"michael don't apologize. it's on me. if i needed help i should have said something." i mumbled.

"we should have noticed. i should have noticed. i should have noticed by your bloodshot eyes and the way you always pushed everyone away when they got to close to the truth." michael replied.

"well, we're together and well today. so, i think everything will be alright." i spoke extremely tiredly.

"you're right. i don't plan on leaving. i hope that you know and trust that." michael smiled softly before slowly leaving the room.

"don't worry, i know."