10.

charlotte's pov

i woke up to a light pressure in my head, nothing too serious.

i tried to sit up just to be gently pushed back by mom.

"don't move honey." mom whispered as she stared down at me with tears in my eyes.

all of a sudden a bright light was shined in my eyes by dr. mccolog and i squinted my eyes.

"good as new." he smiled softly down at me.

"i want to go home." i muttered.

"not this time. you need to stay for observations." dr. mccolog spoke firmly.

"i want to go home." i repeated again looking towards mom.

"i-i don't think that's a good idea baby." mom whispered gently.

"i want to fucking go home mom." i spoke more firmly as tears formed in my eyes.

i saw mom slowly giving in. i held her secret so she helps me get out of what i hate.

"bring the early release." mom sighed as she gave in.

"did you not see what happened this time? just because she wants to leave doesn't mean you should let her. you're her mother." dr. mccolog stressed as he tapped his foot impatiently.

"he's right baby. i don't think we should go home. how about we stay for a couple days?" mom suggested softly.

"no." i mumbled. "you owe me this."

"baby, i don't want a repeat of this." mom pleaded as she sat down.

"i'm going to page michael. he seems to be involved with you guys." dr. mccolog spoke awkwardly as he left the room.

a couple moments later, michael came walking in slowly.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"she doesn't want to stay here." mom whispered as she stared at her hands.

"you have too. you don't have a choice. you need to let your body heal." michael spoke sternly.

"talk about wanting your body to heal." i mumbled as i stared over at mom.

"don't start charlotte." mom groaned as she leaned her head back.

"what? what's going on?" michael asked.

"don't you dare charlotte!" mom spoke as she stood up.

"he has the right to know mom!" i yelled back.

"know what? what the hell is going on?" michael spoke as he stood up.

"shut the hell up charlotte and just stay. go to sleep or something." mom yelled as she stormed out of the room.

michael gave me a confused expression before following after mom.

good, finally some peace and quiet where i didn't have to keep secrets on my shoulders.

michael's pov

"bailey what the hell is going on?" i spoke quickly as i grabbed her hand.

"i-it doesn't matter." she spoke as tears streamed down her face.

"it does matter though! you know you can talk to me about anything. i'm here for you." i stressed as i dragged her to my office.

"there's some things i don't need you to know michael. i don't want you to know. so please? stop." bailey pleaded as she sat on a chair.

"baby, i don't know what to do right now? your daughter is very upset and i know it has to do with you, please just let me in." i whispered as i sat across from her.

"it's just hard michael. she's struggling and it's reflecting on me and all i can do is sit here and watch her struggle." she pointed out.

that was a fair point.

"but she made it seem like you were the one struggling babe." i added softly.

"it's not about me. you saw her arm michael. everyone saw it." bailey spoke quickly.

she had another point.

"can we get her into some counseling with ashton?" i asked softly.

bailey nodded slowly.

"anything she says is a lie. she lies a lot. i guess now you'll see her true colors." bailey shrugged as she played with her sleeves.

"i'll let ashton know." i whispered as i stood up and left the office.

charlotte may be a liar, but bailey was definitely hiding something bigger.