15.

we ended up ordering thai food and to say it was delicious is an understatement. it was absolutely amazing.

after cleaning up dinner, i headed up to my room and sat on my bed.

i grabbed my phone and started playing a game when mom came walking in.

"so, i thought because it's just going to be me and you tomorrow, maybe we could go have a girls day?" mom spoke softly.

she hasn't asked to do one of those in a while.

i smiled softly and nodded.

"i would love too." i replied softly.

mom smiled back before leaving my room slowly.

i had a good feeling about this.

i ended up falling asleep in the next couple of hours and woke up to mom knocking on my door softly.

"good morning." i mumbled as i stretched.

"good morning baby. the boys are already gone, i thought we could go get our nails done and go shopping!" mom spoke with a tiny smile.

"i would love that! let me get ready really quick." i smiled back as i jumped out of bed.

i took a quick shower and threw on some black baggy jeans and a cute top before straightening my hair and putting on light makeup.

i ran downstairs and saw mom waiting with a cup of coffee in her hands.

we headed off to the car and started to drive to the nail place.

"do you like michael baby?" mom asked softly.

"i do why?" i replied.

"do you trust him?" mom spoke totally avoiding my question.

i gave her an odd look before we pulled into the nail salon parking lot.

that good feeling i had this morning was now gone.

we went inside and i ended up getting a french nail and she got red nails.

red was always her color.

we drove to the shopping mall and had the best time of our lives.

i wish i had this growing up.

after a couple hours of shopping, we started to head back home.

"you never answered my question, do you trust michael?" mom asked slowly.

"i do." i replied stiffly.

"why are you asking all of these questions?" i asked mom quickly.

"no reason." she shrugged as she turned the car into the drive way.

"how about we go cook dinner for the boys as a thank you for letting us stay?" i asked mom quickly.

i didn't want her to be alone.

"oh, of course love. that's an amazing idea." she smiled as she got out of the car.

before we could head inside a man pulled into the driveway.

i quickly stood in front of mom and saw her immediately cower.

who was this guy?

"who are you?" i spoke firmly.

"charlotte? you don't recognize your own father?" the man spoke with a tiny smirk.

"how could i recognize a man who left me when i was a kid? get the fuck out of here." i spit out as dragged mom inside.

"wow, that's how you're going to treat your dad? how have you been raising her bailey? she obviously has no respect." dad laughed.

"don't respond." i muttered as i guided her inside and shut the door.

"leave now or i'll call 911." i spoke.

"how do you guys afford to live in this neighborhood? it doesn't make sense. when i left you were living in a crappy house." dad muttered as he stared at the mansion in front of him.

"i don't see how that concerns you. i'm going to call 911 if you don't leave." i threatened again as i pulled out my phone.

"charlotte i just want to get to know you. i saw you and your mother at the mall and i felt bad." dad spoke stiffly.

"so you followed us home? what a joke. leave." i spit out as i pointed towards his car.

all of a sudden the boy's car came rolling in and i felt a huge amount of relief flow over me.

michael stepped out of the car first and stared at dad.

"who are you and why are you on my property?" michael asked firmly.

"i'm her da- "oh hell no, you definitely have no right to be here right now. leave." michael spoke as he pointed towards his car.

dad sighed and looked over at me.

"i'll be back. think it over. you don't know the whole story charlotte." dad spoke before he got in his car and drove off.

the whole story? what did he mean?