6.

we rode to the hospital in complete silence. they didn't ask what happened and i didn't ask what was going to happen.

we arrived at the hospital and i quickly ran inside with charlotte.

"ma'am i'm going to have to ask you to wait in the waiting room. i'll come find you when she's up in a room." a nurse spoke kindly as i sat down on the seats.

i didn't know what to do, but the one thing i was sure of is that i was not calling michael.

charlotte's pov

i started to wake up and saw an unfamiliar face in front of me.

"hello? can you hear me? i'm dr. mccolog, the on call neurosurgeon. can you tell me your name and age?" the man spoke quickly.

"c-charlotte and 16." i mumbled as i clenched my fists.

"my head hurts." i whispered as tears flooded my eyes.

"i know baby. you have a concussion. just relax." dr. mccolog spoke as he shined a light into my eyes.

"let's give her a sedative to help sleep the pain off and we are going to monitor her for a day to make sure there's no brain bleeds." dr. mccolog spoke as he snapped his gloves off.

i looked down and saw them insert a needle into my IV. i felt a cold rush shoot up my arm before i felt super tired and fell unconscious.

bailey's pov

i saw the nurse who took charlotte up come back into the waiting room and i ran up to her.

"is she okay? my baby?" i asked quickly with tears in my eyes.

"yes ma'am. she's okay. she has a concussion and we moved her to a room. i can take you if you want." she spoke softly.

i nodded and followed behind her up to my daughters room.

we arrived and she opened the door as i rushed to my daughters side.

"why is she still unconscious?" i spoke softly.

"hold on, i'll page the doctor for you." the nurse replied as she left the room.

a couple moments later, a doctor walked in with a soft smile.

"hello, my names dr. mccolog. i'm the on call neurosurgeon. she has a pretty bad concussion. she woke up momentarily, but the pain was extreme so i gave her a sedative. she should wake up in a couple hours." dr. mccolog spoke.

i nodded stiffly and thanked him.

he left the room leaving charlotte and i alone.

i sat next to her and stroked her hair.

"i'm sorry baby. next time i won't lie." i whispered as i leaned my head against her hand and drifted to sleep.

charlotte's pov

i woke up to see a blurry room in front of me.

i looked down and saw mom leaning against my hand and i slowly twitched to let her know i was awake.

"baby? hi honey. are you okay?" mom rushed out as she stood up.

"w-water." i muttered as she stood up and ran to grab a water bottle.

i drank quickly and leaned back on the bed. my head was still killing me.

"why did you lie." i mumbled as i sat there.

"i-i'm sorry. i shouldn't have, but i don't want him to know. i'll fix this i promise." mom stuttered as she grabbed my hand softly.

i gently squeezed her hand back and smiled softly.

"thank you." i whispered.

"where's michael? i thought he would come here." i added as i shifted in the bed.

"i didn't call him." mom spoke.

"why?" i shot back.

"just because i'm dating him doesn't mean he has to be involved in every aspect of my life."