8.

i sped to bailey's house quickly praying to god that when i got there everything would be okay.

i pulled into the driveway and jumped out of my car and knocked on the door.

charlotte's pov

i woke up the next morning to my head still hurting, but mom didn't need to know that.

i slowly got out of bed and looked in the mirror. i looked like absolute shit.

i walked downstairs and saw mom sitting at the kitchen table in a fancy outfit.

"where are you going?" i asked softly.

"job interview." she replied shortly.

i could tell she was nervous.

"good luck." i mumbled as she stood up from the chair.

she left the house without another word. maybe she was mad at me.

suddenly my head began to pound and the pain immediately brought me to my knees.

i crouched down and held my head as i leaned against the kitchen counter.

then it all stopped.

i stood up shakily with tears in my eyes and began to head to the couch when there was a loud and rushed knock on the door.

i walked slowly to the door and opened it to see michael standing there in scrubs.

"hello?" i mumbled as i stared at him.

"my mom isn't home. come back later." i added as i went to shut the door just for him to push it back open.

"i actually came to talk to you." michael spoke shortly as he let himself in.

i followed behind him shakily as we walked to the couches.

i felt the pain come back and i dropped to my knees holding my head again.

the pain was unbearable.

"woah, love you okay? you're okay." michael spoke as he held me up.

"my head it hurts." i mumbled as i leaned against his chest.

"okay princess. look at me." michael whispered as he set me down and grabbed a light out of his pocket.

"you're eyes are reacting slow." he mumbled as he picked me back up.

"n-no i want to stay home." i spoke as i weakly fought against him.

"hell no." he replied as he carried me to his car and into the passenger seat.

we quickly drove to the hospital and dr. mccolog came running forward to help michael.

"hey sweetie, i'm going to take you to go get scans okay?" dr. mccolog spoke softly.

i nodded stiffly.

dr mccolog looked over at a nurse and spoke, "get the mri ready.

she nodded and ran off.

i was thrown on a gurney and taken to the mri station.

michael stayed by my side the whole time.

i was set inside the machine and strapped down.

"okay love, you cannot move. if you move the scan will be disrupted." dr. mccolog spoke quickly as he left the room.

"wait!" i yelled as soon as i felt that pressing feeling again as i clenched my fists and closed my eyes.

"where does it hurt?" he spoke from right above me.

"my head is just pounding. it hurts like a painful headache that happens every 30 minutes." i spoke with tears in my eyes.

"okay. let's get these scans real quick." he replied as he left the room.

i saw michael standing there looking really
concerned. i don't know why mom didn't want him to be my father figure.

michael's pov

the scans came through and our worst fear was confirmed.

"it's a brain bleed. not a big one, but big enough to cause her discomfort. i'm going to need to operate as soon as possible. can you get in contact with her mom and tell her to come here and sign the consent forms?" dr. mccolog spoke firmly as he stood up.

i nodded and grabbed my phone and dialed bailey's number.

straight to fucking voicemail.

just my luck.