Chapter 33: It Takes A Village To Defeat A Hedgehog

Sonic's P.O.V

I stretch my arms as I wake up. I turn to see Malaika asleep beside me. She looks so content when she sleeps. I gently move a strand of hair out of her face. Not being able to tell her is getting harder each day.

I sigh as I carefully slip out of the hammock, making sure I don't wake her up. Should I tell her? It's been long enough. Maybe I should give her some type of puzzle or riddle.

Having an idea, I grab a piece of paper and write down something for her to figure out. I place it carefully on the table before speeding off for my morning run.

(Time Skip)

My P.O.V

I wake up in the hammock to see Sonic is nowhere to be seen.

'He must have gone on a run.' I thought. I hop up out of the hammock but stop when I see a note on the table. I pick it up. It seems to be from Sonic.

'Blue is me
The same as sea

Purple is you
I'll give you a clue

Red, to you, is unknown,
Only to be discovered when out of the zone.

You probably don't know what I'm talking about,
But come and find me once you've figured it out.'

(I tried my best y'all. Sorry if it's not that good-)

'Red? Zone? What does he mean?' I ponder. There's no point in questioning him because he'll probably tell me to figure it out myself.

'Maybe Tails can help me' I thought. I grab the note and run off to his workshop.

(Time Skip)

"Thanks for helping me put together my Björnvaalden bookcase. I got it from that foreign build your own furniture store!" Amy says.

"That's it?" Tails looks at the box. I went to Tails' workshop earlier but I still can't figure out what the note means. Sonic doesn't seem to be giving any clues either. He's still acting pretty normal with me.

"Ah, you'd be surprised at how much they can fit in one little box!" Amy smiles.

Sonic opens the box, and the contents fly out, burying Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

(Time Skip)

"Mm-mm! This are some fine cheeses!" Willy exclaims.

"But where are the crackers?" Barker asks.

Eggman is holding a cheese tray. "I wanted everything to be perfect! Keep calm, everyone. I'll send Orbot out to the store. Whew! Crisis averted."

"So this is why you called me here..." Everyone turns their attention to the voice, belonging to Shadow The Hedgehog.

Eggman gasps and drops his tray. "Shadow the Hedgehog! Hey everybody, look! Shadow's here! I knew springing for those embossed invitations would impress!"

"Who's he?" The weasel bandit asks.

"He's only the second most popular character in the whole canon! Let me get you a chair, Mr. Shadow!" Eggman pulls the chair out from under Dave the Intern, sending him crashing to the floor. He then pushes the chair over to Shadow.

"Hm. I prefer to stand." Shadow says.

"Of course. You rogue, you! I like standing, too! Everyone, on your feet! "Eggman says. Everyone else stands up with groans.