Chapter 18: Sleeping Giant

Tails is flying his plane over the canyons, diving down deeper and gliding through. Knuckles flies up alongside him.

"Dude, whatup?" Knuckles waves.

"How can you be flying?" Tails asks, surprised.

"Heh, I'm Sonic powered!" Knuckles is tied to a parachute, and the other end of its rope is tied to Sonic. As Sonic is running, he is pulling Knuckles along with him, like a kite.

"Let's go for a big boy ride!" Sonic begins to speed up.

"Yeah!" Knuckles hits the cliff wall, and bounces off it. As Sonic runs in zigzag patterns, Knuckles hits each side of the cliff and bounces off.

"This is fun! And only mildly damaging to my kidneys!"

"Use your head on this one!" Sonic runs past a rock, but Knuckles hits his head on it, and the recoil pulls Sonic backward. He lands right beside Knuckles.

"You know, in retrospect that may have been bad advice."

"I don't know where "retrospect" is, but it was bad advice here, too." Knuckles replies.

There's a sound of rocks falling. As Sonic and Knuckles look up in amazement, they see a giant creature made of rocks standing up. The monster is holding its head and moaning, then it yawns and looks down at them.

"Huh, maybe it's a friendly gargantuan rock monster." Sonic says. The rock monster roars right in their faces. It blows them both back, leaving Sonic facedown on the ground.

Sonic lifts his head up.

"Nope; he's playing into the stereotype."

Sonic stands up and dodges being crushed by the monster's rock hand. He runs around the monster's feet, and the monster tries to stomp on him, to no avail.

"Here I come!" The monster swats Tails' plane away.

"There I go."

Sonic continues running in a circle around the monster, who again tries to squash him. Knuckles is running toward them.

"Keep him busy, Sonic; I'll give you a hand with his feet with my head." Knuckles leaps over and attempts to headbutt the monster, but that doesn't do anything except make Knuckles dizzy. As he aimlessly walks around, the monster walks away.

"Yes, Grandma, I will have another Gingersnap." Knuckles says, dazed.

(Time Skip)

The monster walks into the green plains, with Sonic still beside him. The monster kicks a massive boulder high into the sky and is heading right towards Fastidious Beaver, who is pulling a lemon cart in the village. Sonic sprints after it, and he safely gets Fastidious Beaver out of the way; the boulder crushes the cart, squirting squeezed lemon juice everywhere. Some of it even lands in a barrel.

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Sonic says.

"But I already had the lemons." Fastidious replies.

Knuckles walks up, still holding his head. Not long after, Me, Sticks and Amy come running up.

"You boys care to explain what's going on?" I ask, gesturing to the Rock Monster.

"A giant rock monster is laying waste to the countryside." Sonic replies plainly.

"You mean, "a Granifer Giganticus is laying waste to the countryside". Amy corrects.

"Yeah, thanks for clearing that up."

The Granifer Giganticus moans, then picks a tree up out of the ground, and throws it at us. It lands on the ground right side up, and more lemons fall out of it, all over Fastidious Beaver.