Chapter 29: New Years Retribution

(Hey guys! Sorry if I haven't updated in a while but Happy New Year! I think this is probably the best time to post this chapter lol. Anyway hope you enjoy!)

Me, Sonic, Tails, and Sticks watch as Knuckles holds a ladder steady with both his hands, which Amy is at the top of. Amy ties some decorations at the top of the tree the ladder is near with both her hands.

"Come on, everybody! These decorations aren't gonna hang themselves!" Amy called.

Tails is holding a bazooka in his right hand.

"Oh, aren't they?" Tails aims his bazooka at the huts, hanging decorations from them. He then turns to face Amy.

"They still didn't hang themselves. Your machine did it!" Amy crosses her arms, as does Knuckles.

"Not cool, Tails."

Sticks walks up to Tails.

"Take those things down! You're gonna attract bugs, and aliens, and kumquats, and list jokes!"

Sonic walks up to Tails and Sticks.

"Come on, guys, lay off him!"

Tails' decorations come crashing down. Sonic then puts his left hand on Tails' right shoulder.

"Way to ruin New Year's, dude."

"Can everyone just leave Tails alone?" I say, exasperated.

"Is that the holiday where a giant rabbit breaks into your house and hides painted eggs?" Knuckles asks.

"Knuckles, that's Easter." I correct him.

Amy pushes a white new year's ball with colored dots on it with both her hands.

"Knuckles, forget about your crazy holidays, and help me get this ball on top of that pole."

Knuckles grabs the pole with both his hands and lifts it. Amy puts the ball where the pole was, and Knuckles puts the pole back over the ball. Amy attaches the hook to the ball with her right hand, and Knuckles turns the crank with his right hand, lifting the ball to the top of the pole.

"When it drops to the bottom, then it's exactly midnight, and the start of the new year."Amy says happily.

Sticks runs up to Knuckles, causing him to let go of the crank.

"Don't trust her, Knuckles! I told you about the kumquats!"

Amy gasps as the ball falls. She tries to hold it back up with both her hands, and grunts, but the ball pushes her to the bottom of the pole and breaks.

"You really dropped the ball!" Tails giggles, until Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks all stare angrily at him. I just sigh.

"Not cool?"

The ground suddenly rumbles, and we all turn our attention to it.

"Huh?"

Dr. Eggman laughs evilly as he pilots his Eggmobile and four Ball Bots bounce alongside him. They all float alongside him.

"Okay, Ball Bots, let's roll!"

The ball bots roll on the ground and Sonic jumps onto one of them. He walks backwards on it, and jumps off it just in time as it hits a tree, which destroys it. Knuckles then grunts as he punches a Ball Bot that rolls towards him with his left hand, getting it stuck inside it.

"Huh?"Knuckles grunts as he punches a Ball Bot that rolls towards him with his right hand, getting it stuck inside it. He lifts both Ball Bots up and flexes with them. He then grunts as he tosses the ball bots back at Eggman, causing them to hit his Eggmobile and cause a great deal of damage to it.