Chapter 21: Late Fees

Tails is working on a device. Sonic runs in.

"Tails, I need jumper cables."

Tails reaches into his toolbox without looking and grabs a pair of jumper cables, which he holds up. Sonic grabs them and runs off. Tails goes back to work. Sonic runs back.

"You got any duct tape?"

Tails once again reaches into his toolbox, and holds up a roll of duct tape. Sonic grabs it and runs off, but comes right back again.

"How about a battery?"

"Antimatter or self-generating?" Tails asks.

"I don't know. Something with a lot of juice."

"Antimatter's on the top shelf, behind the video games."

"Thanks."

Sonic runs over, grabs two batteries, then runs off again. Tails looks up from his work, then wonders what's going on. Tails runs outside.

Tails stops short, seeing the Tailsmobile wedged between some rocks, the fan pointing upwards. Knuckles is sitting on top, in a bucket that's duct-taped to the fan, while Sonic is next to a battery, holding the jumper cables.

"Ha! Initiate "Spinning Blades of Death"! Sonic says.

"Spinning Blades of Death"? I guess that sounds safe." (Sure Knuckles, totally safe-)

Sonic connects the jumper cables to the battery. The fan begins to spin, spinning Knuckles with it.

"Whoo-hoo-hoo!" Knuckles cheers.

"Activating Hyper Mode." Sonic flips a switch on the side of the battery. The fan starts spinning even faster.

"Yeaaaaah!" The fan spins faster.

Sonic hears his Communicator beep.

"Oh. Sonic here."

"Sonic, did you return the book I lent you to the library?" I ask through the communicator.

"Um... not... yet?"

Knuckles goes flying off the fan in the background.

"It's due today! Amy lent that book to me and if it's not returned on time she'll have to pay late fees and then she'll probably kill me and then I'll probably kill you-"

Sonic just holds the communicator away as I carry on my rant.

"Slam on your worry brakes, Laika. I'm all over this! Not a problem!" He turns off the communicator.

"Problem."

Knuckles dizzily walks over, then collapses into the sand.

"I can't remember where the book is."

"When I can't find something, I retrace my steps." Tails says.

"Okay. What did I do yesterday?"

Flashback Montage of Sonic and Doctor Eggman fighting in his Eggmobile. They bail out as it crashes into a tree and explodes.

Cut to when Sonic dragged me with him to take a selfie on top of Eggman's Lair, then run and jump off of it as the satellite dish on top explodes.

Cut to Sonic doing the limbo in the Gogoba Village. After Sonic successfully passes under the bar, the bar randomly explodes.

Cut to Sonic reading a book outside his shack. He puts the book on a table and slides off the chair, walking away. The scene lingers for a bit, but nothing happens.