Chapter 28: Just A Guy

Tails is working in his workshop. Suddenly, Tails' laptop comes online and shows an approaching target.

"An incoming Eggman attack! Better get the gang together." Tails presses his communicator. The rest of us eventually appear in our respective colors.

"United Village Defenders of the Village: UNITE!" Tails says.

"On it!"

"On my way!"

"Let's move!"

"I'm on it!"

"Eh.. it's really not a good time for me. I kinda have plans."

"Wait, what?" Tails asks, confused.

"Seriously, Knuckles?" Sonic says.

(Time Skip)

Sonic runs to Meh Burger where Knuckles is sitting at a table with Mike.

"What do you mean you have other plans?" Sonic asks.

"I was gonna catch a movie with Mike." Knuckles explains.

"Hi. I'm Mike." Mike waves.

"Uh, yeah, hi. Seriously though we gotta get moving. Eggman's attacking."

"Aww, but today is the last day of Jungle Fighter 3: Revenge of the Jungle Fighter!" Knuckles says.

"Jungle Fighter can wait. It is important to battle Eggman." Mike interjects.

"Great! See? Let's go!" Sonic exclaims, getting impatient.

"So, where we going?" Mike asks.

"Oh, uh... I meant me and Knuckles." Sonic says.

"Why can't he come?" Knuckles asks.

"Yeah, why can't I come?"

"We can't bring you to a battle.. I mean... You're just a guy." Sonic says.

[lThe townspeople at Meh Burger gasp.

"Just a guy?!" Old Monkey exclaims.

"No! I-I didn't mean that... what I meant to say was... he's not... you know..."

Crickets chirp.

"I think you've said enough already." Knuckles says disapprovingly.

"Ugh we don't have time for this." Sonic grabs Knuckles and runs off with him.

(Time Skip)

We are fighting Badniks while Eggman, Orbot and Cubot fly around in the Eggmobile. I kick on into the air. Amy smashes one with her hammer. Sticks boomerangs a Bee Bot as Sonic and Knuckles rush to the scene. Sonic spin attacks a Badnik. Knuckles joins in the fight.

"I can't believe you said that to Mike!" Knuckles says.

"What did he say?" Tails asks.

"Uh.. battle's over here. guys?" Eggman calls.

"He called my friend Mike, "Just a guy".

Amy and Sticks gasp.

"Sonic! How could you?!" Amy gasps.

"I didn't mean that-"

"Yeah, Sonic! That's a really crummy thing to say to a dude." Eggman buts in.

"Ugh." Sonic quickly spin attacks and smashes all the remaining Badniks.

"Well, gotta go." Eggman flies off with Orbot and Cubot. "You know I'm right!"