Chapter 2: Can an Evil genius Crash on Your couch For A few Days?

Sonic, me and Tails are asleep on the couches. Knocking is heard. Sonic stirs, but doesn't awaken. The knocking becomes more insistent, until it becomes outright pounding, which gets Sonic and me to wake up.

"Man..."

"Sonic, what's that noise?" I mumble sleepily.

"It's fine. Just go back to sleep." he replies.

I lie back down as Sonic zips to the door, and opens it. Eggman is outside.

"Hi!" Eggman says cheerily.

"What do you want?" Sonic asks annoyed.

"First of all, thank you for answering the door at such a late hour. I realize what an inconvenience this must be--" he rants but Sonic stops him.

"Get to it, Eggface." he snaps.

"W-well, I... I uh... I need your help."

"You need my help?"

"Yes. My sinister island lair... You know, the ultra-high-tech stronghold where I hatch my diabolical schemes to eliminate you... It was destroyed in the storm. I was hoping I could crash with you and Tails for a few days until my robots rebuild it? Please! Don't strand me in this wilderness!" Eggman falls to his knees dramatically.

"Well, you could certainly use a roof over your head." he gets a whiff of Eggman. "And a bath." "But how do I know you won't just capture me, Malaika and Tails while we're sleeping?"

"I swear not to harm you or your fox friend during my stay. I didn't even bring any weapons. Here, check my pants." Eggman lifts his raincoat.

"No no no. It's okay. I believe you. So it's only for a few days and it's just you?"

"Just me!" Sonic gestures him in. Eggman enters, followed by Orbot and Cubot.

"And Orbot and Cubot. They're family!"

Sonic groans as he shuts the door. I stir again.

"Um, what's she doing here? Isn't she the girl from yesterday?" Eggman asks pointing at me.

"Yes, why?" Sonic asks.

"Oooooh, is she your girlfriend?" Eggman teases.

"Shush! You'll wake up the others. And no she is not my girlfriend she just has nowhere to stay."

Eggman nods in understanding.

(Time skip)

I wake up with a yawn until I hear snoring. I turn to see Eggman!?

"WHAT THE HECK?!" I shriek, startling Sonic and Tails.

"What's wrong?" Sonic asks.

"What is he doing here?" I point an accusing finger at Eggman.

"Eggman? Long story." Sonic says but is interrupted by a knock at the door.

Sonic opens the door with a yawn, letting in Knuckles, Amy, and Sticks. They recoil in surprise as they see Eggman, stretching while wearing pink pajamas.

"Eggman?!" Knuckles asks.

"Oh, hey gang! Didn't know you'd be visiting so early. I'm still in my evil pajamas. They have a trapdoor in the back." he says. I cringe.

"What's he doing here?" The echidna asks, repeating my question.

"We have a truce. Tails is letting him stay here until his lair is rebuilt." Sonic explains.