Chapter 16: Sole Power

(I'm not dead everyone! So sorry for being away for so long. I took a little break and recently recovered from covid so I instantly decided to update my book for you guys!)

Me, Sonic and Tails sit in the Tailsmobile in the middle of the canyon.

"What's so awesome that you had to bring us all the way out here?" Sonic asks, leaning over my shoulder.

"Check it out. Voice. Activated. Controls. Start engine." The Tailsmobile beeps, turns on, and starts hovering.

"Uh. Let me try. Give me a chocolate shake." Sonic asks. Out comes a mechanical arm carrying a vanilla shake.

"Vanilla? I asked for chocolate. Fail." The Tailsmobile beeps and out comes a mechanical arm with a cup of chocolate syrup. After a second however, it pours the chocolate on Sonic's head. Sonic groans and I have to hold in a laugh while helping him to clean up some of the mess with my handkerchief.

"Still working out the kinks... There's a towel back at the workshop." Tails grins nervously. Sonic sets the vanilla shake down in the Tailsmobile, jumps out of the vehicle, and runs away. In his wake, there is a loud deafening noise that shakes the Tailsmobile. Me and Tails cover our ears.

The Tailsmobile beeps and starts flying around. Tails is unable to control the vehicle as it flies out of the canyon.

(Time Skip)

Sonic runs through the Village Center while a loud noise is heard. As Sonic passes by the village, all the citizens cover their ears while screaming in pain. Lady Walrus falls down on her knees.

The workshop shakes from the noise until Sonic arrives at the desk. He dries himself off with the towel and runs away again. The workshop shakes again as the noise resumes.

(Time Skip)

We are flying through the canyons in Tails' uncontrollable Tailsmobile.

"TAILS CAN'T YOU CONTROL THIS THING?!" I scream, holding onto the edge for dear life.

"Um, voice control? I don't mean to be bossy, but...don't crash!"

The Tailsmobile is flying through the canyons. The local volcano is shown at the end of the canyons.

"Uh-oh..."

As the Tailsmobile reaches the end of the volcano, it screeches to a halt right at the edge. I breathe a sigh of relief.

Sonic is running through the canyons while accompanied by a loud noise. I cover my ears in pain and Tails shrieks.

The Tailsmobile beeps and starts vibrating until it falls off the edge and into the volcano, me screaming bloody murder all the way down. Noticing this, Sonic heads into the volcano.

While we plummet, Sonic runs down the circular path inside the volcano before jumping towards the Tailsmobile, knocking it back on solid ground. Sonic lands next to the Tailsmobile. I practically fall out of the Tailsmobile, Sonic catching me.

"I guess voice-activated rocket thrusters are a bad idea when you're screaming." Sonic smirks.

"I wouldn't have been screaming if you weren't making that horrible noise!" Tails fires back.

"What noise? I didn't hear any noise."

"Wait a minute..." Tails jumps out of the Tailsmobile and walks up to Sonic.

"I bet because you're faster than the speed of sound, you don't hear it."

"I'll prove it wasn't me. When I start running and nothing happens, you are going to feel so dumb." Sonic makes sure I can stand before he starts running and the loud noise is heard. Me and Tails scream in unison.