The love triangle// tommy and dutch x reader part 5

Authors note: after many comments and much debate, I couldn't decide if I wanted to end up with tommy or Dutch, so there will be two final endings, and you as the reader, can decide which one you like (: (fyi the first 7 or 8 paragraphs will be the same on both. If you've ever seen the movie clue, it's kind of like that)

Also a fair warning there is a mention of teenage pregnancy in this one so if that bothers you then don't read

Dutch dropped you back off at your house pretty late at night, luckily your parents had gone to bed, so you just used your spare key and snuck through the back door. It's not like you had even done anything bad, but how many parents are gonna believe the excuse 'I was at Disneyland with my date'.

You couldn't stop smiling as you got changed into pyjamas and laid down on your bed, staring at the ceiling as you reached behind your head and used your arm as a pillow. There was no way you were gonna be able to sleep tonight, not after what had happened with two perfect guys.

That was the problem. There were two perfect guys. Sure they both had their pros and cons, Tommy might've been a little loud and impulsive, his hair might've been a little messy. Dutch might've been a little rebellious, and his anger was something he could work on, but the dates with both guys had gone amazing and you had to admit, they were both pretty cute.

That only left you with one huge problem. Who to actually chose. How were you supposed to choose? And why couldn't this have happened sooner? Why did it have to happen so close to the end of your senior year, where even if you did choose one of them, who knows how much time you'd actually get with them.

There was only thing left to do was pick up the phone, call one of them, and agree to a second date, breaking the other ones heart, which you felt like you couldn't bear to do either.

You felt like you could have good future with both of them too. This was probably the hardest decision you were ever going to have to make your entire life.

You were just about to pick up the phone, until you heard it ring, and you picked it up, secretly hoping it was tommy or Dutch, asking you out so you could just say yes right then and there, and forget about the other guy.

"Hey. Sorry to be calling you so late. But I thought it was important." Your heart immediately fell when you heard Johnny on the other side.

"What? What could be so important that you have to call me at.." there was a slight pause in the conversation as you checked your alarm clock "1 in the morning."

"Well, Tommy got Susan pregnant. Their parents found out, and now their making them get married after high school because they think it's 'immoral' to have a baby without being married. What's even worse is, he found about it yesterday, right before he asked you out, said he'd be there for her, and then still proceeded to ask you out, and go on the date with you." Johnny explained.

A million emotions started running through your head. Most of them being shock and hurt, but some of them anger. How could he do that? Not only did he lie to you, but he lied to his girlfriend, that was carrying his own child.

It made you sick. You had trusted him. You had loved him, and he had used you.

"Y/NN... uhh... I know it's a lot to take in but are you okay?" The silence was interrupted by Johnny through the phone.

"Yeah. Im fine. I just need a minute to process everything." The phone was set back down on the receiver and the call was ended, before you broke down crying.

How could one persons approval mean so much to you? It's not even like you were together either. One date didn't count. But yet it still hurt this much. You didn't know if you could take real heart break.

There wasn't much time for you to wallow in your own self pity, because not long after the call, you heard the sound of a rock being thrown at your window. You quickly wiped your eyes before getting up to see who it is, a part of you immediately feeling better when you saw it was Dutch.

"Hey. I Heard what happened. I would've called, but I can't hold you through a phone call, so I decided this was better. Can I come in?" He asked, talking a bit too loudly for your comfort.

You just nodded in response before unlocking your window and letting him climb through, closing the window again right after.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling you into a hug.

For some reason, his arms felt safe, secure, which just caused you to break down again, because they felt like a place where you could.

"Shhh. It's okay. I know it's hard. But it'll be okay. I'm here for you. I'll always be here for you". He whispered into your hair, leading the two of you over to sit on your bed.

"I-I'm sorry I e-ever thought of c-choosing hi-im over you, Dutch." You said, in between crying.

"It's okay. You didn't know, I understand. But we're here now, aren't we? And now everything is okay. Now I have you and you have me, and I'm never ever going to let you go."

Despite just being lied to by tommy, these words you knew you could trust.

"Thank you, Dutch. I love You" You said. And with that, you both knew who you chose.