Best Friends// Barbara x Susan

Warnings: none

Warnings: none

Word Count:  1572

"Seriously, Ali? This is the third time this week you've ditched us to go hang out with that gross loser." Susan said, throwing her backpack down on the floor as soon as they walked into Barbara's house.

Ali sighed and put her hands up in defense. "I know, I know. But he asked me out, and I like him. Why wouldn't I go out with him?"

Susan turned and glared at Ali, acting as if her friend should've already known the answer. "Are you kidding me, Ali? Ever single week, you say that you'll hang out with us, and then every week, you end up changing the plans, so that you can go out with him!"

Barbara turned to look at Susan after grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. "It's not that big of a deal, is it? I mean, when you were with Tommy, you did the same thing."

The dark haired girl snapped her head in Barbara's direction and scoffed. "Yeah? Because I distinctively remember telling you guys at least a few weeks before each of our dates, she's giving us... what? A day? That's not much of a warning."

"Actually, we're going out together tonight. I'm sorry, but we can hang out together tomorrow. If you want too?" Ali said

Susan sighed, deciding that getting some attention from her best friend was better then getting none. She nodded a little. "Yeah, we can do that."

Barbara smiled, glad that it hadn't ended in a fight. "Now why don't we watch a movie and do homework like we came here to do?"

—————————————————————

The next day at school, Susan met up with Ali so they could go to lunch together. Unbeknownst to her, Ali had invited Daniel to sit with them.

Susan was standing there, waiting for Ali, only to find out that her and Daniel were together. This hurt. She already felt as if she was being ignored, and now Ali know we inviting him as if it was no problem.

She didn't know if she wanted to cry, or if she wanted to just yell at Ali and call her out for the way she had been treating her. Susan did neither though, and just pretended like she was fine.

"Hey, Daniels coming with us today." Ali said, not asking if it was okay.

"Alright." Susan said and smiled.

Daniel laughed. "I hope that's okay with you. I know I'm not your favorite person."

Susan played that comment off with a laugh, and the three of them walked to the lunch room together, as Ali and Daniel talked, walking ahead and leaving Susan behind.

Not only did they pretty much forget she was there, but It was hard to listen to their conversations too. Since all the two talked about was how much fun they had hanging out the day before, and inside jokes they had apparently created while they were together.