Glasses//Johnny x Reader

Warnings: none
Word Count: 1,147

It was prom season for the students of West Valley High. The planning committee, which included Y/N, (who only did it because her best friend Ali was doing it) Ali, obviously, and (because he was forced into it) Johnny Lawrence. They had decided on an 'Under the Sea' theme, which was going to require a ton of blue ribbon and blue banners.

"Seems pretty lame, doesn't it, glasses?" Johnny said as he stood up after the bell rang. "Can you stop calling me that? Just because I wear glasses, doesn't mean you have to point it out all the time." Y/N said, standing up. She avoided looking over at Johnny. She had had a crush on him since middle school, but honestly she thought he hated her. He always teased her, only because she wore glasses.

According to him, she looked like a nerd, had four eyes, and on occasion he would tell how much hotter she would look if she didn't wear them. It's not like she had a choice though. She needed them to see. She couldn't just take them off because some boy told her too.

"Mmm actually I feel like I do have too." Johnny said, slipping his bright red jacket on, which now seemed to be missing the usual 'cobra kai ' snake patch that was usually on it. He gave her a smirk and pushed her glasses up higher on her nose as he walked past her, before he walked out of the room.

"If you ignore him, I'm sure he'll stop teasing you." Ali said as she grabbed her books from off the floor, then waited for you to grab yours before the two of you walked out together.

"Yeah I'm sure. But, it's not as easy as it looks. He's in almost all of my classes. Plus, hes like the cutest guy in the entire school." Y/N said exasperatedly, as the team began to walk towards the gym, her and Ali joining not far behind.

They walked into the gym, observing the space they had to decorate, imagining in their heads what would go where.

"If you wanna start decorating the walls, I'll start putting the banners and stuff on." Y/N said as she grabbed one of the ladders out of the utility closet.

"That's fine by me." Ali said, handing Y/N one of the banners. Y/N took it from her and climbed up the ladder.

"Hey, Ali? Can you hand me some ta-." Before she couldn't finish her sentence, Y/N felt her left foot slip off of the ladder. She couldn't catch herself, since both of her hands were full, and it was too fast to process the fact that she could've let go.

Her heart started beating as she felt herself fall backwards. She expected to hit the ground, but instead, was caught, by a much softer landing. A pair of arms. Strong arms. She looked up and blushed when she saw who had caught her. They were Johnny's arms.

She tried wiggling out of his arms, not only feeling embarrassed about falling, but she also felt embarrassed about blushing like that.

"Hey. You can't just leave me now." Johnny said, a soft smirk playing on his lips. "I-.." Y/N tried to say something, but her face felt hot. She used her fingers to adjust the collar of her shirt, then cleared her throat before speaking again.

"I have to get back to decorating." She stated simply. "You have to? Right now? I don't think so. After that cute blush-" he started to say but was cut off by her.

"Cute? You-you thought it was cute?" She stammered. Johnny laughed. "Yeah! Of course. If only you didn't wear glasses, maybe then I could see how cute your blush actually is." He said as he set you down on your feet.

Y/N rolled her eyes. There it was again. His normal attitude. "Yeah sure, Lawrence. Your probably just upset. You wanna be a player, but im probably the only girl that you've ever made blush." Y/N said as she pushed Johnny away from her then stormed off.

Johnny didn't wanna leave their conversation on a low note, so he decided to follow after her. "YN! Y/N wait! I'll help you, if you want." He offered. She ignored him, pretending not to see or hear him.

Ali gave her a sideways glance. "What happened between the two of you?" She asked. Y/N raised an eyebrow as if she were confused. "What? The two of us? Nothing. I don't know what your talking about." She stated. Trying to lie about it.

Y/N moved to the other side of the gym, trying to get away from Johnny, but to no avail. She turned around, only to run right into him. "Geez.." she muttered as she dusted her shirt off. Still, she didn't say anything to him.

"No, Y/N Cmon. Your blush really is cute. It's the cutest blush I've ever seen." He said, whipping around quickly, his blonde bangs hitting him in the face.

It wasn't until he came up behind her, that she finally acknowledged his presence. He reached over and took her glasses off her face, then held his hand above his head so she couldn't reach.

"Seriously, Johnny?! Give those back! I need them to see!" She said, trying to jump up and reach them. The height difference was too dramatic though. It was never gonna work.

"Talk to me and I'll give them back to you." He said. Y/N shook her head, but didn't say anything, not wanting to loose this 'argument' between the two of them.

She tried jumping up another time to grab them, but just failed again. She sighed, looking down at her shoes, before looking back up, accidentally making eye contact with him.

She blushed, yet again, cursing herself for doing so. Her heart started beating faster, and she swore she saw him lean in. She decided to take the chance. There wasn't anything to loose, right?

She closed her eyes and leaned in, their lips meeting eachother in a gentle, yet satisfying kiss. He placed the glasses back onto her ears, so that he could wrap his arms around her instead.

It was nice, though Y/N would never admit that. She was too stubborn. His lips were soft and sweet. Sure, she had daydreamed about kissing him, but she never thought it would happen.

Her hands played with his short hair before they both pulled away, blushing and smiling. Johnny smirked. "So, you believe me when I say I think your cute now?"