Proposal //Johnny x Carmen

Set after the season 3 finale

Johnny let out a breath as he wiped his sweaty hands on the side of his shirt. It had been a few months since Johnny had confessed his love to Carmen.

They had been steadily dating ever since. Going out every week, or at least they tried. Sometimes work interfered. Texting and calling regularly, and over all just being a sweet couple.

So, Johnny didn't understand why he still got so nervous every time they went out. He still felt like she would leave him for someone better, maybe someone younger. Or maybe someone that wasn't her sons teacher. She hadn't yet though, so that was a good sign.

He raised his hand and knocked on the door. Brushing a hand through his hair as he waited for her to open it, smiling when she finally did.

"Ready to go?" He asked. Taking a step away from the door, not wanting to invade her privacy. "Yup!" She said, grabbing her keys from her wallet and locking the door, before both of them walked towards Johnny's car.

"So where are we going tonight, Sensei?" She asked. That was her go to nickname for him. After all, karate was something that Johnny took a lot of pride in.

"I was thinking we could go to dinner. Maybe catch that new movie you wanted to see." He said with a shrug.

He went and opened her car door for her. He knew how to act like a gentleman. When he wanted too at least.

"Sure. That sounds good to me." She said. Kissing his cheek as she got into the passenger side of his car.

He smiled before walking around and getting in the drivers seat. Turning the car on and beginning to drive.

They held a light conversation throughout the journey. Talking about how work was going. Miguel. The weather. Just normal things like that.

It wasn't until Johnny turned the opposite way that he was supposed too, that Carmen started getting suspicious. "Uh, the movie theatre is that way." She said. Pointing in the direction he was supposed to turn.

"I know. But we're taking a shortcut." He said. Looking over at her and giving her a smirk.

Sometimes Carmen didn't understand why she loved this man. Sure, he was hot. And funny too. And really caring towards her. Ok, so maybe she did understand why she loved him. Even if he did act immature at times.

She chuckled and rolled her eyes as she leaned back against the seat. "Alright. We're taking a short cut then I guess."

-

Johnny eventually pulled up to his destination and stopped the car. It took Carmen a second to register where they were at. "You just took us back home?" She asked. The confusion evident in her voice.

"Yup." Johnny said and got out of the car. Then waited for her to get out. "I wanted to take you back to where it started. Me and you." He said and smiled.

He wrapped his arm over her shoulder and kissed the side of her head. "Remember? That's the very first place we ever talked." He said and pointed to it.

"Yeah I know. Why are you telling me all this?" She said. Turning and looking up at her boyfriend. Trying to read him. Figure out what was going on inside of his head.

"Because. I want to move forward. Forget about what's happened, and think about what's going to happen."

"You never sound this sophisticated. Are you sure your okay? Did Daniel finally get inside your brain?" She teased.

There was a silence between the two of them for a few seconds. They just stood there looking at eachother, before Johnny leaned down and pecked her lips.

"You know, your a really good role model for Miguel." Carmen said, finally breaking the silence between the two of them. "Yeah.. speaking of which.." Johnny said, letting go of her and rubbing the back of his neck.

Carmen turned to look at him and tilted her head slightly. A smile playing on her lips. "Yeah?" She asked.

Johnny sighed and looked her in the eyes before dropping down to one knee. Now this is was a position he never thought he would be in. Sure, he had dated plenty of babes in the past, but he had never felt the love, the connection with them like he did for Carmen. And even if he had, it was only with Ali, and that was a long time ago.

"Look. I'm not very good at this sappy romantic stuff, and you know it." He said. Although a light pink blush was clearly dusted across his cheeks.

"So all I'm going to say is, Carmen Diaz. I love you. I want to be in your life, forever. Will you marry me?" He said. Pulling the ring box out of his jacket pocket and presenting it to her.

She smiled. This was something she never thought would happen either. After her first husband, she never wanted to marry again. The thought of it just scared her. But with Johnny here. Now. It seemed to be exactly what she wanted.

"Yes. Of course I'll marry you." She said and laughed. Tears of joy falling down her cheeks.

Johnny smiled and slipped the ring on her finger. The two shared a passionate kiss, before just standing there in eachothers arms. "I'm sorry it wasn't super romantic or whatever. I actually didn't have any idea I was going to do this, until like today." He said.

Carmen smiled. "Johnny. It's okay. It doesn't matter how perfect or romantic it was. It doesn't change how much I love you. And it's not gonna change my answer. Besides, I thought it was pretty cute." She said and smiled before pecking his lips again.

"Good. Because I asked Miguel, and he said that this would never work." Johnny said. Letting out almost what sounded like a breath of relief.

"Well it did." Carmen said as she ran a hand through her, now fiancé's, hair.

"I love you. Carmen Diaz. I can't wait to call you mine."

"I love you too, Johnny Lawrence. I can't wait to finally be yours forever."