I Won't // Tommy x Ali

Warnings: mentions of a breakup, mentions of cheating

There was a soft knock on the front door to his apartment, which only bothered Tommy since it stopped him from sleeping.

It was the middle of the night, way too late for anyone in their right mind to be visiting him. He groaned in annoyance and sat up, rubbing his eyes with his hands before pulling the blankets off him and standing up.

He rummaged through the pile of clothes on his floor, finding a loose t-shirt that he slipped on, before walking to the door.

Through the peep hole, he could clearly see Ali, disheveled and crying. His hand reached for the chain and he unlocked the door quickly letting her in.

"Hey, Ali. What are you doing here?" He asked, stepping out of the way to let her come in.

"I-I'm sorry. I just.. I didn't have anywhere else to go. The first person I thought of was you.." she had tears streaming down her face, her voice was shaky, and she hadn't looked up at him yet.

"No, no. It's okay. What happened?" Tommy said, turning and locking the door again, leading Ali to the couch.

"J-Johnny and I broke up. He accused me of.. of cheating on him. I tried to tell him I would never do that, but he didn't believe me. We-we got into argument, about.. who was more untrustworthy.. I-I was pointing things out that he had done, and he didn't like that, cause he-he can never be wrong, y'know? He accidentally let it slip that.. that he cheated on me.. I didn't know what to do, so.. I.. I just left. I came here. I'm sorry.. you probably don't need to be bothered with our relationship drama. I'll just go."

Ali stood up and used her arm to wipe the tears off her face and made her way towards the door, before a hand grabbing her wrist suddenly stopped her.

"No. No, it's alright. Come here. I'm not bothered by it all. I'm so sorry." Tommy said, as quietly and soothingly as possible. He let go of her wrist and slowly pulled her into a hug instead, gently rubbing her back with one hand as she cried into her shoulder.

Tommy was not really surprised that this had happened at all. Johnny and Ali had been together since the beginning of high school. They even managed to stay together, even though only one of them went to college.

They were almost 20 now, but his life still felt the same as it did back then. He was still best friends with Johnny.. and he still seemed to be cleaning up all of his messes.

"Hey.. it's okay. I know. I know it hurts right now. It might be for the better though. Why don't you just give it some time."

His arms slowly unwrapped from around her and he pulled away to look at her in the eyes.

"Why don't we go ahead and put a movie on? I've got some leftover pizza in the fridge, couple of different drinks, and a couch that is not at all comfy, but it's the best I can do."

His goal wasn't to distract her, really. He knew he wouldn't be able to do that. He was only trying to help her, maybe make her a little happy. That's what friends were for anyways.

"I think Jimmy and Dutch brought some movies over the last time they were here, so go ahead and look through that pile in that drawer and figure out what you'd like to watch."

Sighing, he turned the hallway and walked towards the tiny half closet right next to his room. He pulled a blanket out that they could share, then walked back towards the main room, setting it on the couch.

"Find something?" He asked, a soft, fake smile on his face.

He felt beyond angry, that Johnny would treat her this way. She didn't deserve it. At the same time, it was kind of relieving. Maybe he could finally have a chance with her. After some time, obviously.

"Yeah. How does Psycho sound?" She asked, grabbing the case out of the pile of movies and holding it up to him

"Oh so we're going for horror then? That's fine, as long as you don't have to sleep in my room cause you get scared." He teased, a smirk sort of playing on his lips

Ali stood up and rolled her eyes, walking over to him, before shoving him in the chest. "Oh shut up, Thomas. We both know you'll be the one cuddling up to me during the movie, you scaredy cat." She laughed, which only made Tommy feel genuinely happy. He wasn't at all insulted by what she had said to him. She was happy, and that was his goal.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard Ali say, "You coming?" From the spot she had taken on the couch.

Tommy chuckled, flicking off any of the lights that were on as he walked over to her. "Course I'm coming. Not gonna leave you all alone here am I?" He asked, sitting down next to her.

Reaching across her, he grabbed the remote and started the movie, while she put the blanket on them, her head resting against his shoulder.

"Hey Tommy?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for letting me stay here. I was so upset. I didn't know what to do. It's not better, but being with you has definitely helped. Your a really great friend."

She moved her head off his shoulder and turned to look up at him.

His head turned and looked down at her, a smile on his face as he did. "You're welcome. I'm here for you anytime you need me, okay? Don't forget that."

Ali smiled and placed a soft kiss on Tommy's cheeks before cuddling close to him.

"I won't."