23

Scarlett's POV

The next morning I wake up a little later than usual, I only have a night shoot tonight. Remembering what Florence told me yesterday night I go to see if Y/N is awake.

I find her laying on her side in the dark, her face illuminated by the small screen in her hand. She is not mindlessly scrolling on TikTok, but she is looking at a picture. But I can't see what it is.

"What are you looking at?" I ask, no response. She doesn't even look at me. "Y/N are you hearing me?" again no response. I swear if I couldn't see her breathing I would think she would be dead.

"Y/N, can you look at me when I talk to you?" once again no response, not even when I slightly shake her.

I now sit down in front of her and can see tears streaming down her face. What happened yesterday during that phone call? What has got her in this state?

I sit down behind her and pull her into my lap, once again no response, and just stroke her hair. She is very clearly zoned out and all I can think of is to comfort her in hopes of pulling her out soon.

After a while, she slowly starts to whimper when I stroke her hair.

"There you are my darling. Shhh, your safe okay." I soothe her when I can tell she is trying to worm her way out of my arms.

"Florence told you, didn't she?" She timidly asks me after a while.

"Well, she told me to look out for you and talk to you. You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to." I tell her, still stroking her hair and wiping some of her tears off. Though it seems like she has been crying for a while, with all the make-up that is smeared around her eyes. It also seems like she didn't sleep much.

"Can we just lay here for a little bit?" She asks me, stammering a little bit. I nod and keep on doing what we were doing before.

Y/N's POV

I had woken up early in the morning, the headache very present. I didn't do anything except for the crying. I don't know why the death of my ex-parents is hitting me so hard, but it is and I just have to deal with it. Unknowingly I pull out my phone and open the funeral card my brother had sent me the night before and I just stare at it.

I completely zone out, I don't even hear my mom come in. I don't notice her taking me in her arms and soothing me until I feel her wipe a piece of hair from my face and I whimper.

"There you are darling. Shush, you're safe okay." I hear her tell me as she keeps on stroking my head. All I can think about is getting out of her arms, but I quickly stop when I recognise who is holding me.

"Florence told you, didn't she?" I ask after a while, tears streaming down my face. I didn't really want her to know something is wrong with me and I am happy when she doesn't force me to talk about it.

I ask her to just lay here together for a little bit. Then all of a sudden my phone rings. I look at it to see the contact, it is Greg. Shit, I had to be at work about an hour ago. But I can't answer in the state I am currently in, I mean I am barely here. I hold my phone out for Scarlett, hoping she gets the signal.

Luckily she does and picks up the phone.

"Hey Greg, with Scarlett...... Yes I know she had to go to work, but she is sick and just woke up..... Yes, I was just about to call you....... For now, I will be there tonight, but I'll let you know okay?...... Thank you, I will tell her to feel better.... So sorry for not letting you know earlier..... have a great day... bye." I hear her side of the call, blatantly lying to the director about me, but I guess she also decided that I should not go to work.