Chapter 20

No proofread.

Three Weeks Later.

RM.

Mami and Manohar were all decked up for the success celebration of Akash, Payal and Khushi's collaboration.

It has become such a hit that the trio has decided to open a new restaurant with menus exclusively from them.

It was a family, investors and friends party at Akash's restaurant and also to celebrate the upcoming launch of the cookbook the trio had put together which will be revealed and released to the public soon.

Mami was the most happiest amongst all of them as finally she will be meeting the woman who was giving her son sleepless night and also responsible for his glow.

She wanted to meet her but Akash had forbade her knowing she will let her excitement take over her and she might spill Akash's love for Payal which he didn't want.

Manohar shook his head at his wife's impatientness but was happy seeing the change in her because a few years ago if anyone had told him Mami would accept a middle class woman and her son's choice, he would have laughed to death but no, the woman in front of him was a renew and better version of herself and he loved it.

Mami felt his gaze and stared at him confused and he kissed her forehead and side hugged her which made her smile.

Akash watched his parent as he walked towards them and just like his father he also loved this version of his mother and will forever thank Arnav for bringing that change in her.

"Ready to leave. " They all turned hearing Arnav voice and he was carrying an enthusiastic Anu who was happy to be going to Akash's restaurant because his uncle always made her have non stop ice cream which she had been promised by Akash.

"Wow Anu baby is looking so beautiful. " Mami praised her as she grabbed her from Arnav's arms and Anu blushed and thanked her grandmother.

"Anu is not going with you...... I am taking her out today. " Anu tightened her grip on Mami and hid her face in her neck hearing her mother's voice and everyone turned to glare at Anjali who was standing behind them with Dadi. "My daughter is no longer leaving this house without me again...... I have had enough of you all instigating her again me. " Anjali yelled and the others except Arnav scoffed but Arnav was raging about to explode.

"I don't want to go to mummy..... Mummy yells at me...... Mummy bad. " Anu wailed and Mami consoled her.

Arnav signalled Mami and Manohar to leave with Anu and Anjali was about to follow them when Akash yanked her back and pushed her nearly making her fall.

"How dare you push my granddaughter you filthy gay. " Dadi insulted but Akash wasn't affected by her taunt because she had been doing this all because he was a chef which according to Dadi makes him gay.

"Lower you voice when you speak to my brother....... You become more pathetic each passing day and you. " Anjali flinched as  Arnav walked up to her. "You are forgetting Anu is no longer your daughter as legally I am her parents and Mami,Akash and uncle are her guardians....... This is your last strike Anjali....... Be warned. "

Arnav and Akash walked out of the house leaving a crying Anjali behind.

"Dadi nothing is working on them...... Chote has made sure I won't get hired anywhere so that he can have Anu to himself and Mami had turned Anu against me so much that she cries when I touch her and runs away when she sees me...... They are snatching everything from me........ They don't even consider me family enough to attend the party......i want to die Dadi......i want to die." Anjali cried and Dadi consoled her.