Chapter 8

RM.

Anjali was inconsolable and for the first time in her life no one consoled her but rather shunned her.

She stared at Nani sitting on the couch defeated and Mami staring at her disappointed and disgusted by her deeds.

It was now midnight and the media were still crowded outside with the house being telecasted live on TV and social media.

She saw Shyam car halt at the gate as the media surrounded him and Anjali knew she had lost him hearing his response to the questions.

"Mr Jha how do you feel about finding out the child your wife is expecting not yours? "

"Correction soon to be ex wife and I feel betrayed because I was taunted for living with my in laws which I only agreed to do because I loved her but I guess I wasn't rich as Mohit Malhotra and the only thing I can say is am glad it happened because now my divorce from her will be easy and I can finally leave the hellhole called Shantivan. "

Nani and Mami who were watching this felt sad for him but Anjali was fuming at his audacity to play the victim.

"That bastard. " Anjali yelled hysterically. "He has the nerve to play victim when he has been lusting after Khushi..... I won't spare him. "

Anjali was about to march outside when Nani held her arms and turned her around landing a tight slap on her cheek.

Anjali stared at her grandmother in shock and turned to Mami expecting her to defend her but she glared at her in disgust.

"You and you brother are sick in the head and I have had enough of you two...... You will face the consequences of your actions in silence and so will Arnav....... From now on you and your brother are on your own because I am done. "

Nani and Mami were walking away from Anjali when they both halted in shock seeing Akash, Payal and Nk holding their bags and Hari Prakash and the other helps dragging suitcases out of the house.

"Akash what is this? " Mami asked on the verge of crying but Akash turned his face away from her and Mami went up to Payal and kneeled in front of her startling her in the process. "Please Payal, I am very sorry for all the taunts I threw at you and Khushi....... Please don't leave and convince him to stay because we need him........ We the family need to unite more now than ever. "

Akash's head snapped back at his mother and he pushed Mami off Payal and yelled at her.

"You only need me now when because your golden Child Arnav has failed you....... Since I was born you always chose to party than be a mother and I grew up to understand that you weren't capable of having a motherly love but Anjali and Arnav showed up and I saw a side of you I never thought existed...... You the woman who never hugged his bespectacled son was now all over Anjali and Arnav feeding them from your hand which you had never done for me....... I get that they lost their parents but I just wanted at least half of the love you gave them but no you didn't...... Anjali became your top priority and when I needed money to start my own business, you told me money was tight but not even a week later you sold all your jewellery and gave it to Arnav to start his business...... You told me wanting to be a chef was a useless job and forced me to study finance to help your beloved Arnav...... I always lived in Arnav's shadow and I hate it not because I was envious of him but because he and his sister's wants and needs matter more than mine....... I am done with you and this family and I have call Papa and told him everything...... I am going no contact with all of your and Papa had informed me he is not coming back from Dubai and will be sending you the divorce papers..... Don't ever contact me again...... You laid you bed now lay in it. "