Chapter 5.

RM.

The entire family were sitting at the dinning table and for the first time Khushi was invited to sit with them which Anjali didn't like and made Akash and Payal suspicious and their suspicion was confirmed when Nani begged Khushi to joined them for the birthday party of the daughter in law of one of their top investors.

"Please Khushi beta..... Please come with us to the party not as chote's wife but us Payal's sister....... I know what we did to you was wrong and we won't force you to forgive us but please come with us. " Nani begged shocking Anjali, Payal and Akash.

Khushi sighed and nodded as she took the stared at the dress Nani was offering to her to wear for the party.

"I will be coming with Akash and Payal and warn your grandson to stay away from me. " Khushi warned sternly and yanked the bag from Nani and angrily walked away.

"Dadi what are you planning? " Akash asked giving a stern look to his grandmother who pretended to be hurt.

"Akash why do you think am planning something against Khushi?...... I just want to make up for all the pain we put her through for the past four months because we were angry she and chote elope. " Nani replied innocently and Arnav and Mami nodded in agreement.

"Am warning you Dadi..... If I find out you are planning on hurting Khushi again I won't spare you or anyone helping you. " Akash warned pointing his finger at Nani.

He stood up and the door of RM opened and in entered jovial Nk.

Everyone was so happy to see him after nearly four months away on a project.

Mami rushed to hug his nephew but he stopped her and walked up to Akash and hugged him totally ignoring the others who knew Akash had snitched on them about their maltreatment of Khushi and that's why he was behaving so coldly to them.

"How are you Nk? " Anjali asked smiling and Nk stared blankily at her and nodded.

"Where is Khushi? " Nk asked Akash and he told him she was in her room and Nk rushed to Arnav's room leaving the others angry at his disrespect.

Payal and Akash walked away to their room ignoring them too.

"I can't believe Nk who is always clinging to us every time he visits is ignoring us for Khushi. " Anjali exclaimed looking heartbroken by Nk's snubbing them.

"What do expect him to do after you all hurt his best friend. " every head snapped back to Shyam who was busy eating and not bothering to look up as he spoke. "Everyone was so quick to judge Khushi but forgive Arnav without a second thought..... Nani and Mami let their ego hurt because of your friends taunting you have having a grandson and a nephew who eloped with a woman get to you...... Anjali lost her opportunity to dictate what Arnav's bribe will wear and how she will look because just like how she controlled Payal's wedding, she wanted the same for Khushi unfortunately they disappointed her but after all this family only see the pain of their own blood and forgive their own blood and take out their frustration on an innocent girl and you expect the people who care about her to play nice to the people who hurt her...... You are all delusional. "

shyam looked up from his plate to find the four of them staring at him in shock and he had a neutral look on his face.

Arnav fisted his hand to control himself from lashing out at Shyam and Anjali was fuming internally but put on a shocked expression.

"Damadji what are you saying. "

"The truth Nani. " Shyam stood up and wiped his mouth and looked straight at them. "You all forgave Arnav within a few day but didn't allow Khushi eat with us even though she toiled in the kitchen every single day to feed us...... You all love her food but hate her which doesn't make sense...... You always asked her to lock herself up in her room when the fake friends you three have show up so that you don't have to listen to their taunts instead of defending Khushi as the eldest daughter in law of this house...... The man who loves her kept quiet seeing his wife being maltreated and this make me think his so called love for Khushi was all fake and this was all revenge against Khushi for always challenging him and winning gracefully..... Anyways am late for work...... See you all tonight. "