Back to work

"I am sorry, Ms. Callisto. If you came here three days ago, you could've get the job." The principal said. I again interviewed for an English teacher in Mid town Highschool. I wanted my superhero life and personal life seperated and hidden from others.

"Maybe, I can teach other subjects. I am highly educated, sir." I insisted, I didn't want to use magic this early to convince him.

"Sorry but-" he paused, "Just a second!" He left the office with his phone.

"God! Really?" I rolled my eyes.
I checked my notification to pass time and saw a text from both the James. I was about to open it but The principal came in.

"Yes, we have a vacancy. I insisted my senior for your job because parents were happy from your teaching skills. We were talking about teaching students about the current situation happening."

"I don't get it. What situation?" I asked.

"Like the fight that happened between the Avengers and that alien, Thoas-"

"Thanos," I corrected him.

"Yes, him. We wanted the children to know more about Thor and perhaps some threats that came and can come. We want the children to study Norse Mythology." He said.

"That's great! I have studied it." I said.

"I know, Callisto. That's why we are hiring you." He said and shook my hand.

'I didn't even had to use my magic.' I wondered.

~~~~~~~~~

"I got a job!" I cheered as I entered my house.

"That's great!" Loki cam outside wearing an apron.

"What were you doing?" I asked.

"I was making lunch." He replied, "Freshen up. I'll set up the table."

"That's romantic! You are improving." I kissed his cheek.

"And I didn't stab Stark yet."

"Yet?" I questioned.

"I mean he hasn't trouble me yet. Where is he?"

"He went with Steve for some sword fighting. I really have no idea. He was talking 'moon' or something."

"That's strange." He said. "Barnes called and then Rhodey called too. They said they urgently wanted to talk to you."

"Both of them said the same?"

"Yes, love."

"I'll talk to them." I said and was going to grab my phone but he stopped me.

"Take time for yourself." He insisted, "We need to find a solution for your dark magic too and for that you need time time for yourself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your homework is to talk about an event or a person. Like you can talk about some battle or a  God or goddess." I explained to the students. It felt the same teaching them because they were the same students I reached 5 years ago only a few were new.

"Can we bring props?" asked Betty.

"Yeah sure. That will make your presentation better." I said.

"Peter, you can bring Thor. I heard you rejoined Stark Industries." Flash said. Even though he is a bully, he was nice to students when he wanted some favour.

"I don't know. He isn't on Earth anymore, he left." Peter said.

"Maybe, his brother?" asked Ned.

"Can we not talk about this here? You can discuss on your own, the bell rang and I am leaving." I said, "And, yes. If you want you can form groups. A group of three is fine."

~~~~~~~~~

After school I went home by bus. I called James Barnes.

"Y/N, if you are calling me now that means you don't know about the news." He said.

"I am sorry, I was busy with work." I said.

"Sam gave up the Shield." He sighed.

"No way!" I exclaimed, I realised I was in public. "I-I- Why would he do that?"

"How would I know?" He sighed again, "Y/N, if Steve was wrong about him then he was wrong about me. It's just that he left me. Steve left me and went somewhere with Stark."

"I know, James. I know. Where are you?" I asked.

"In my house. Well, don't worry! I just need some time alone. Foolish me, I disturbed you. Bye!" He hung up.

"No wait-" I sighed and closed my eyes. 'What the hell, Wilson!' I thought.

As if that wasn't enough, the principal called me-

"We were planning to take the students for refreshing trip. You have to announce this tomorrow, ok? Pass the message to other teachers." He hung up before I could answer.

I exited the bus when I reached home. I unlocked the door of my house and entered.

"How was your day? I made lunch, maybe, we can have dinner outside." Loki hugged me.

"My day went bad." I replied and went to my room.

"What happened? Tell me." He followed me.

"You remember Sam Wilson?"

"The.......The one with the wings, right?"

"Yes, Steve passed his shield to him but Wilson gave it to the government. You know the government is, they will give it to someone unworthy. For them a good person is someone who has achieved a few medals."

"You are afraid that the shield will get in hands of some bad guy?" He asked in concern, "We can pray that doesn't happen."

"Yeah, I hope so." I said and hugged him.

We stayed in silence and heard his heartbeat. It was normal but then it beat faster. "Y/N, I think I-"

"What?" I asked and looked up to his face.

"I think I love you." He said.

"I know that." I smiled.

"Aren't you gonna reply?" He asked.

"You already know the answer."

.......................