Thor's Guilt

Even though our ambush on Thanos failed, there were still some Asgardians who had survived Thanos' snap, so Thor brought them to Earth, where he transformed Tonsburg to be the New Asgard, of which Thor resumed his rule as King.

"Hey, Brunnhilde!" I shouted as I saw Valkyrie.

"Y/N?" She saw me. I could sense the anger on her face. "I have told you millions of times not to call me that!"

"Sorry!" I said. Hulk and Rocket followed me.

"I thought your name was Valkyrie." Professor Hulk said.

"He won't see you." she knew what we were there for.

"It's that bad, huh?" asked Rocket.

"We only see him once a month when he comes in for... supplies." I looked behind her, ah! We are not so different.

"I'll make his mind." I said. 

We walked to his hut and Rocket knocked on the door. It smelled like rotten rats. The door was opened and we entered. 

"What the-" Rocket murmured. "Ooh! Somethin' died in here!"

"Uh! You here about the cable?" We heard Thor. "The Center Max went out two weeks ago. The sports are kinda fuzzy......" 

I turned towards his voice and it was him.  We found an overweight and alcoholic Thor, devastated by his failure to defeat Thanos. 

"Um.." I was confused, confused to say anything. Finally, I made out some words "Um Thor!" I called him. 

He put down the beer bottles recognizing my voice. "Oh my gosh!" He came to us and hugged Rocket. "It's so good to see you! Come here, you little rascal."

"Thor-"

"Hey, remember! It's Korg and Miek."

"We-" 

"Thor, he is back. The kid on the tv." Korg interrupted.

Seeing Thor in that state made me forget my situation, I forgot that I woke up five hours ago to know that five years passed. I thought he was the closest to me after Loki and Peter- vanished but no. He needed our help.

"....rip off your arm and shove them up your butt. Yeah, that's right! Go cry to your father, little weasel." 

"Buddy, you alright?" Hulk asked.

"Yes, I am fine." Thor said with an overly happy face.

"You look like melted ice cream." Rocket commented.

"Thor-" I tried to interrupt.

"Whatcha doin' nowadays?" Thor kept on ignoring me.

"We-"

"Ya know, I don't see you around. It's been like ages-"

"Thor!" Rocket climbed him and slapped his face. "Listen to her!"

"Thank you, friend." I thanked him. "We need your help," I started. "there might be a chance. We can fix everything."

"You mean like the cable, that's been out for a few weeks."  

"Like Thanos." Hulk said.

Thor's expression changed and so did Korg's. Thor looked guilty and disturbed while Korg was frightened. His voice started to break "Don't- say that name!"

"Um yeah! We actually don't say that name in here." Korg added.

"We know that-that guy might scare you-"

"Why would I? Why would I? Why would I be scared of- of that guy?" he said. "Korg tell everybody who chopped Thanos' big head off."

"Y/N." Korg said.

"With what?"

"Stormbreaker." 

"And who's Stormbreaker it is."

"Yours."

"That is me. Yes!" he drank his beer.

"I get it. You are in a rough spot. I've been in that spot. Everyone has and some still are in that rough spot. Bruce was too." I said.

"Yes, and you know who helped me?" Hulk asked.

"Natasha?" Thor roughly smiled.

"It was you. You helped me." Hulk replied.

"Why don't you ask The Asgardians out there, how much my help worked?" Thor said and sat down on the chair "Only a few are left there."

"I think we can bring them back." I walked to him and sat down.

"Whatever it is that you are offering, I don't want it. I'm fine." he said.

"You are saying 'no'?" I asked him one last time.

"Yes." he said.

"Ok." I sighed and got up. "Banner, let's leave. Rocket, come on!" Both walked out the door and I followed them, before leaving I stopped and said "Ya know, I have aging magic. I can provide you with the best and the oldest liquor."

It was silence and then it wasn't "Wait!" he said and I internally smirked.

.............................

I am back, baby!