chapter eighty-two

Start from the beginning

"Very well, carry on," he said, an amused expression now lacing his features.

General Droga cleared his throat before standing up, the advisers slowly moving their gaze to him. The  guards entered the room, carrying the body of the man out of the room.

"I think right now is not the time to make a critical move. Although the relationship between the Princess of Nelovia and their Highnesses is still unclear, we cannot diminish the impact of it," he paused, glancing our way. Zeke nodded.

"Although it might not have been done in the past, trying to go into this with a more peaceful mindset could be beneficial to all of us. I suggest we don't send the troops now, and we wait a few weeks," he finished before sitting down.

I was about to speak when a series of knocks from the door stopped me. The door opened slowly, and my irritation immediately left as soon as a smiling blond girl appeared in the doorway, followed by her loyal feline companion.

Her face became a blushing mess when she noticed how many people were in the room, her hands fidgeting together as she scanned the room nervously until she found us. She smiled.

"Am I interrupting?" She asked softly, still standing in the doorway. All the men lowered their heads, bowing in respect at her presence. As they fucking should.

Drakkar shook his head while Zeke stood in a swift movement making the men flinch in reflex. I chuckled, my attention going back to the girl who took some hesitant steps into the room.

"I can come back another time if—

"It's fine, come in," I assured her, and she nodded, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Zeke made his way up to her as I stood up as well. He slid his fingers into her hair as he pulled her into a kiss. She chuckled, tapping his arm, and he moved away with a groan.

She was even more flustered now if it was even possible. The advisers were all keeping their heads low, knowing best than to let their curiosity get the best of them.

Drakkar walked up to her next, mumbling something into her ear that made her shake her head with a grin. He engulfed her in his arms, placing a kiss on the crown of her head, before stepping back.

She walked up to me next, and I allowed my eyes to take in her state. She looked so beautiful. She was wearing the official royal gown we'd gotten her. The pale lilac color soothed her perfectly, matching perfectly with her soft features. Her hair was braided around her head, it looked nice on her.

"Hi,"

"Hi," I replied, raising her hand to my lips, and she smiled.

"Where were you this morning?" I asked as she laced her arm around my waist, resting her head against my chest.

"I was busy," I could hear the smile in her voice.

"Busy with what?" I asked, and she laughed.

"I can't tell you," she said, squeezing my body once more before pulling away.

"What are you doing here?" Zeke asked, dragging her to his side.

She looked around the room. "I...um...actually need to speak with General Droga," I threw a confused glance at my brothers, who seemed equally clueless about what this was about.

Droga stood like an obedient pet, and she slipped away from us as she made her way around the table to him. He tensed as she began to whisper something into his ear.

Drakkar tsked, clearly not liking any of this.

"Of course, your Highness," I heard him say.

"Okay, perfect. Thank you," she said, before walking back to us with a mischievous smile. She reached me first and rose to her tippy toes to land a kiss on my cheek before moving to Zeke and Drakkar.