Handcuffs

By lunchtime the next day, it was like the whole school knew about what the Nightshades had done.

Everywhere Celia and Martha went, people smiled, waved and praised them. Their classes dissolved into talking and chaos. Eventually, their teachers gave up on teaching and allowed them to do as they pleased.

When lunchtime did come, it was a relief to be sitting with their group, without as much noise. Bianca and her friends also went and sat with them.

Despite the school's cheery atmosphere, the nightshades felt miserable.

The horror of the previous night followed them to the daytime. Now the creatures were gone, they were sure that whatever was controlling them knew they were there.

Lost in her thoughts, Celia picked at her food.

The doors to the quad slammed open, making Celia almost fall of her seat. Ajax, opposite her, jumped so hard that he spilt his drink all over him.

Once again Sheriff Galpin was standing in the doorway, the principal at his shoulder.

"Ajax Petropolus." Ajax's head shot up.

"Yeah?"

"Yoko Tanaka?"

Yoko nodded.

"Kent?" (Idk his surname),

The sheriff sighed.

"I'm so sorry. I'm here to place all three of you under arrest."

Silence fell in the quad. Enid stood up.

"What? Why!"

"The kids. People want answers. I need to arrest someone, and you were the ones to find them. I'm sorry. Please come quietly."

Celia watched in despair as the three of them allowed themselves to be handcuffed. Divina, Enid and Xavier were all standing up.

"That's not fair! There's no evidence." Divina insisted.

"They found the bodies. Another kid's gone missing, Oliver Brooke. I need to take them in just in case."

"But their abilities aren't like the ones of the monsters that killed them!"

"I have no choice."

The sheriff led away the three outcasts.

Celia looked to Wednesday.
"What do we do now?"