Is but a dream

"Xavier, Xavier wait!" Celia ran after him. They'd reached the quad. Xavier stopped next to the Raven he'd painted at the end of last term.

"What do you want?"

"Look, I'm sorry. That came out wrong."

Xavier laughed in disbelief.
"Sorry about that? Maybe you should be sorry for making me think you were dead!"

Celia was stunned.

"You- you thought I was dead?"

"Ajax told me everything that Enid told him. She forgot to mention the part where you were rescued. Do you understand how I felt?"

"I didn't know that. I mean, I wasn't planning on nearly drowning-"

"Of course not! You just didn't think, did you? You were so desperate to do something for your new roommate that you didn't think of anyone else."

"I'm sorry, but-"

Xavier laughed again.

"Oh, of course there's another but. Do you care about how I feel at all, Celia?"

"Of course! That's not fair-"

"How is that not fair?!" Xavier shouted. Without any warning, the Raven on the wall flew away from the painting, its claw cutting deep on Celia's cheek.

Celia grabbed her cheek, stunned. Turning back to her brother, she stared at him, betrayed. Celia looked at the blood on her fingers, then back at Xavier. Her sense of betrayal turned to anger and disgust. Xavier had his hand over his mouth.

"Oh shit. Ci-ci, I'm so sorry! Wait, wait, come back!"

Celia turned and ran away from her brother. Behind her, Xavier put his head in his hands.
"What have I done?"

Another short one, I'm afraid. I have like no time today so I wrote this yesterday.