Welcome to my nightmare

I. am. mortified. I just found out that I've been spelling Divina's name wrong! It's not Davina, it's Divina!! I went through and changed it (which took far too long) but if you're one of the 58 people who read this when I had misspelled it, I apologise.

The medical room was empty, bar two occupants. One of the beds was covered with a blue sheet. Celia knew it to be Lucas. At the end of the room, Divina was sitting up. She smiled when she saw Celia.

"Hey."

"Hi. How are you?"

"A lot better, because of you."

"Well, I can't fix it properly."

"You saved my life. I'm really grateful for that, Celia Thorpe."

"No sweat. You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah." Divina gestured to a chair, and Celia sat down.
"I can't fully remember what exactly happened after I entered the woods. I remember exiting the lake. It was such a weird feeling. It felt like what I imagine being sirened feels like, but as a siren I can't get mine controlled. I knew that what I was doing was wrong, but I couldn't stop myself. That's when it starts to get patchy. Last thing I remember before I found Bianca and Kent was the thing."

"What thing? That's what attacked you?"

"It looked humanoid, but it had one huge claw on its left hand. After it attacked me, it felt like my mind was released from whatever controlled it."

Celia was silent.

"So, whatever we're facing, it currently involves a taloned monster, a sea serpent and someone who's mind control is so powerful it can control a siren. Yay!"

Xavier and Celia went into Jericho later that day, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience. Both were too worried to enjoy themselves. Sitting 'ok
at the Weathervane, Celia noticed something.

"There's a lot of people here."

Xavier looked around.

"Well, yeah, it's a coffee shop. People don't sleep nowadays."

"No, I mean new people. Do any of these people look familiar to you?"

Xavier surveyed the sea of faces.

"No, you're right. That's weird."

"Probably a bad omen."

"I fail to see how this could be connected."

"Let's see, new monsters suddenly appear in Jericho, and a bunch of new people turn up simultaneously. What are the chances of there people being outcasts?"

"Good point."

The siblings uneasily sipped at their drinks, observing the people around them. Celia spotted a lady with dark glasses on.

"Maybe we should go?"

"I was hoping you'd say that."