Hell is empty

I'm gonna try posting two chapters a day until new year but it's quite hard due to other commitments- AKA, school. Wish that was an optional commitment!

Celia rushed forwards as Bianca lay Divina down on the ground, but Xavier grabbed her wrist. Turning to Bianca, he said,

"How long has it been since she stopped breathing.

Panting heavily, Bianca replied,
"Only a little while. It took us so long to get her up here."

Xavier released Celia's wrist. Celia rushed to Divina's side, grabbing her hand. Everyone watched. Xavier continued pressing for answers.

"What exactly happened?"

"We don't know. We went swimming, but planned to return an hour or two ago. That's when I noticed that Divina wasn't with us. Bianca saw footprints on the other side of the lake, so we began to follow them when Divina came towards us. She was bleeding, a lot. Didn't tell us what happened. It took us so long to get back here. When we reached the bank, she lost consciousness, and then stopped breathing." Kent replied.

"Something attacked her. Once again, something is in the woods but its attack style is different to Tyler's last year." Bianca added.

Celia was still next to Divina, holding her hand. Slowly, Divina's chest began to rise and fall again and she woke up. Celia stood up dizzily. Ajax helped her up and headed towards the hospital wing with Kent and Bianca.

Xavier turned to Celia.
"Go back to bed. The less trouble you get in on your first night the better. Enid, you should probably go too. See you in the morning. Tell no one what happened."

He turned and walked away.

The window door shut with a click. To Celia's surprise, Wednesday was sitting up at her desk, seemingly unsurprised at their sudden appearance.

"What happened? I saw you in the quad." Wednesday asked Enid.

"Bianca never showed up to the nightshades meeting. Turns out something attacked Divina at the lake."

Wednesday seemed surprised.

"Why was she down at the lake?"

Enid blinked.
"She went swimming. Remember? She told us when we toured Celia around the school."

"I don't remember any of that. Not after the point where Xavier left." Wednesday said.

Enid looked at her.

"So, what happened?"

Enid filled Wednesday in on what happened. Celia lay back down and closed her eyes. She felt drained. Celia knew Xavier hated her to use her power, but needs must. What was going on? What had attacked Divina? What made her enter the woods in the first place?

And why did she feel a creeping sense of unease?