Horror behind life's edge

Helloooo! Incase you can't tell, I am having real trouble naming these chapters. So, apologies for that. We were out until midnight last night so I'm super tired, but the holidays have now started so I'm hoping to finish the book soon!!

The scream came from the school entrance. A small crowd of people were staring into the woods. Celia searched for what they were looking at, to no avail.

As her eyes began to adjust, she noticed someone moving through the trees. As the person got closer, Celia recognised Yoko. She seemed to be holding a branch over her shoulder. Celia's heart skipped a beat.

Yoko was dragging Lucas Walker along with her. His chest and face was covered in blood. With her last amount of energy, Yoko put him on the ground.

All the students were silent, forming a wide circle around Lucas. He wasn't breathing. The blood was dried, crusting over his features. Celia pushed through the circle. She spotted Enid and Wednesday with Yoko on the side. Kneeling down next to Lucas, Celia breathed deeply.

"Ok. Ok. Come on, Lucas."

Celia closed her eyes. From her core, she felt a warmth, a kind of energy exiting from her body into Lucas's. After a minute, his chest began to slowly rise and fall again. The crowd breathed a sigh of relief. Simultaneously, everyone began talking at once. Exhausted, Celia stood up. Nearly falling over, Xavier caught her.

"Well done."

"Thanks. I think I'm going to go back to sleep."

Xavier smiled.
"You should take the day off. It's been a traumatic night."

Celia was already asleep.

From the edge of the crowd, Wednesday watched Celia being carried away. Something in her eyes flickered, and she turned back to Enid.

Celia woke up late the next morning. Thing was standing on her bedside table, holding a note.

Principal Barlow has given you a few days off. She wants you to go to her office when you wake up.

Wednesday.

Sighing, Celia got out of bed.

A few minutes later, Celia was outside the principal's office. She lifted her hand, knocking twice. The door opened.

"Ah, Celia Thorpe. Please, do come in."

Celia sat in the chair opposite Principal Barlow's desk. The desk was still covered in paperwork.

"I heard about your actions last night. That trip to the lake was very irresponsible, and considered grounds for expulsion. Thank goodness Miss Addams noticed your absence."

So that was what Wednesday had told her. Celia respected that in a way.

"I know."

"However, due to your heroical use of your power in saving Lucas Walker, I will consider all crimes repented. It was immensely brave."

"How is he doing?"

"Well. He appears to be on a road to recovery. I have given you the next few days off to relax. However, there is another matter I wish to broach with you."

Celia could hear from the principal's tone of voice that she was going to dislike whatever was said next.

"Parents weekend is approaching- next weekend after all. Due to the generous donation that we received from your father, l was hoping that your parents will make an appearance."

"That's unlikely. Don't get your hopes up."

"Ah. That is unfortunate. Anyway, I will leave you to your rest day."

Celia turned and headed out of the office. To her surprise, waiting outside was Kent.

"Divina's just woken up. She wants to see you."