The nightshade catastrophe

Celia woke up in a bed in the medical wing. The other members of the nightshade catastrophe were sitting in a ring around her. All of them looked shaken, vulnerable and tired.

When Xavier noticed that Celia's eyes were open, he immediately crushed her in a hug.

"Ci-ci! Oh my god. You're ok! Are you ok?"

"I think so. Uhh, my stomach still hurts a bit."

Xavier and Ajax looked at each other, worried.

"You lost a ton of blood. The nurse said there could be other effects of the attack, like poison. If it gets any worse, tell me."

"I'm fine. I think. What happened after I passed out?"

Bianca spoke up.
"We all met up at the school. Then we called the police."

Celia was confused.
"Why did you call the police?"

"Celia. We found the missing children."

"Oh. Oh. Oh my god."

"Ajax, Yoko and Kent discovered them."

"I killed the Kruger. There's no more threat from it." Enid said, trying to add a positive note to the conversation.

"And Martha got rid of the Merrow snake."
Bianca said. Everybody looked at Martha.

She looked very small and traumatised. Her red hair had lost its sheen and her eyes were wide. Martha was staring at a spot on the wall, rocking backwards and forwards gently. Breaking out of her trance briefly, she gave a small smile before returning to her previous state.

"Ok. So, what happens now?"

Bianca smiled grimly.
"Step three- Wednesday's meeting with Tyler."

The group parted. Standing behind them stood Wednesday, with Thing on her shoulder.

"Let's do it."