1

Chan was feeling refreshed after their trip to Jeju Island with the other members, especially since they hadn't had a chance to all get together since they went their separate ways earlier that year. He was also excited because he and Changbin had gotten closer on the trip. Chan has always admired the rapper. He was hardworking, reliable, always listened  to Chan, and absolutely adorable to the older. Chan realized over the years that he had feelings for the younger that went beyond just friendship. He never acted on those feelings, not sure if Changbin felt the same or not, but lately the younger has been dropping hints and he gladly accepted them.

Chan was on the way to his company, 3racha Entertainment, the one he started with the other 3racha members, and excited to see Changbin. They hadn't had a chance to really talk since getting back from Jeju Island, but they had to work exclusively together today since Jisung was still out for the week. Chan reached the building and parked his car, heading towards the elevator to reach the studio floor. The elevator stopped on the lobby floor opening to show Changbin standing there waiting for it.

Chan smiles widened seeing the younger step inside. "Hello there Binnie," Chan says, turning towards the younger.

Changbin blushes at the nickname, "Morning Chan hyung,"

Gosh he is the cutest when he gets all shy, Chan thought. The two finally reached the studio room and started getting ready to work once they got inside. Chan needed to do vocals for a new demo track for their newest group's comeback so he headed into the recording room first. Once the music started Chan sang out the melody and chorus that Changbin and Jisung had written together.

Changbin listened to Chan hit every note with such ease. Changbin had always loved listening to the older sing or even rap. He loved being able to hear Chan's Australian accent come out during certain words. He has always looked up to their leader. To Changbin, Chan was always their glue, he always worked so tirelessly for others, and always put one hundred percent into any project they had. He was so happy that Chan entrusted him in producing songs for the group when they first met.

"That's was really good Chan hyung," Changbin said, Chan nodded and walked out of the recording booth. He pulled up a chair next to Changbin and put on some headphones to listen to what he just recorded. Changbin turned to watch him and didn't realize just how close he was. He got a little lost staring at Chan, admiring his handsome features. The younger was look at his faint freckles, he didn't have as many as Felix, but if you looked close enough you could see them across his cheeks.

Changbin didn't realize that Chan was now also looking at him, until Chan cleared his throat, pulling Changbin out of his trance. He blushed and looked away, embarrassed he got caught staring at the older.

"See something you like," Chan asked, his tone teasing. Changbin got even redder, looking back at the older and slightly nodded.

"I...you look really nice today," Changbin said shyly, getting up to go into the recording booth next.

Chan grabbed his wrist as he walked past, "You look nice yourself."

Changbin wanted to die inside, he was so happy but also so shy. He's never been this way around others before but Chan always managed to make him want to melt into a puddle onto the floor. Changbin just nodded his head and continued walking to the studio booth.

Chan chuckled to himself, Changbin was even redder than before. He has always loved teasing the younger, he would get so flustered or just react in such a funny way. Today was no different, Chan felt like Changbin was finally getting more comfortable with showing his feelings towards him. He hoped that they would soon get a chance to talk and hopefully move forward with a relationship together, but he also didn't want to rush the younger.

The music started and Changbin started rapping and Chan was blown away. The younger was always so confident in his music. Chan had always loved watching Changbin on stage. The younger was always having fun and you could tell he really loved it.

The two continued with their work for the next few hours, a few longing glances from Changbin here and there. They decided to take a break and were just sitting together talking about nothing in particular when Changbin's phone started ringing. He glanced over and it was Hyunjin.

Changbin glanced up and Chan and picked up his phone to answer. "Hey Jinnie, what's up," Changbin asked. Hearing Changbin use a nickname with Hyunjin made him slightly jealous of their relationship. They had always been close and Chan was envious of that.

"Hey Changbin hyung. Sooo how's it going with Chan hyung," Hyunjin asked on the other side of the phone.

Changbin blushed glancing back over at Chan, who was curiously watching Changbin. "I don't know," Changbin said. Every since Felix and Hyunjin saw the two older members flirting with each other, they have been relentlessly teasing him and pushing him to share his feeling with the eldest.

"What do you mean? Have you told him how you feel yet?" Hyunjin asked.

Changbin got all quiet, not sure how to respond since Chan was right there, "I just haven't had time yet," Changbin confessed. In all honestly he was scared, he knew Chan liked him back, but what if this changed too much? What if they broke up, what would happen to the company? He didn't want to risk all that, they were a good team and had a lot going for them. He couldn't be selfish and ruin things right?

Before Hyunjin said anything, Chan's phone started ringing. It was Felix, Chan shook his head chuckling to himself. These two, Chan thought to himself. He got up and pointed outside to Changbin letting the younger know he was stepping out.

"Hey mate. You know your other half is on the phone with Binnie?" Chan said answering his phone.

"Ohh, is he now?" Felix asked, acting surprised.

Chan laughed, "You two are relentless, you are going to scare him!"

"It's so obvious you too like each other. I saw you two at Jeju Island. Just make the move!" Felix exclaimed.

"I don't want to scare him away, I want to let him do it on his own terms," Chan explained, pacing back and forth in the hallway outside the studio.

Meanwhile, inside the studio Hyunjin and Changbin were still on the phone. "Just tell him, it's so obvious that he likes you back. You have nothing to lose and you deserve to be happy too hyung." Hyunjin said, not wanting the older to wait and wonder like he did with Felix because he was scared.

"It's just not that easy," Changbin explained, rubbing his temples. Chan walked back into the studio then and Changbin no longer wanted to have this conversation with Hyunjin. "Jinnie, I gotta go. I will talk to you later okay?"

"Alright, hyung. I'm here if you want to talk," Hyunjin said before hanging up.

Changbin hung up and looked over at Chan who was already staring at him. "Why don't we go get some lunch?" Chan asked. Changbin nodded and the two gathered their belongings heading down to lobby together.
———————-
This will move a little bit slower than the original hyunlix story. But I hope you still enjoy! Let me know you're thoughts! ☺️

I think i'm going to try and upload every sunday! that's is the goal, but give or take a few days!

1250 words