𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, sloppy first kiss

Start bij het begin

erity looked around the table behind standing up with her arms resting at her side, a blank look on her face. "i am kimura erity, and i'm about to turn 16 years old. i'm contracted with... the nameless devil... and my only hobbies are probably sleeping and spending time with those i love." she stopped herself from saying zankoku's actual devil name, instead going for his cover name, conserving what privacy was left.

she quickly sat down and greeted aki who was to her right, "sorry for not coming back home..."

"don't worry about it." aki shook his head and continued to eat.

makima's piercing orange eyes looked at denji with raised brows, "are you going to kiss someone denji?"

"of course not!" he instantly replied.

"ehhh!? denjiii, you're not going to kiss me?!"

"of course i am!" he countered his previous statement.

erity rested her hand on her hand and also looked at the blond who seemed to get himself into some type of situation. "isn't it just a kiss on the cheek? that's what was promised right?"

the boy looked conflicted during that moment, and things didn't look to be going his way.

makima finished her beer and sat the cup down, "excuse me, another beer please." she kindly asked the workers before putting her focus back on denji. "what's this about a kiss?"

himeno was whining slightly about denji's words. "you don't want a kiss...?"

"makima! did you hear?! i picked up one of those gun devil fragments!" denji blurted out with a loud voice, clearly trying to change the conversation.

"yep, i heard. you're amazing denji." makima honestly complimented the boy with a sweet sounding voice.

"it used to be that devil's with fragments didn't show up often. as with the recent case of the devil targeting denji and erity, there have been some suspicious developments lately. makima, you know something about them don't you...?"

the red haired woman looked at aki for a moment after listening to him speak, finishing up yet another beer and placing the glass back down. "i'll tell you after i've had more to drink."

"...pardon me, two more beers."

"ahaha, i'll join you! one more beer!" himeno laughed aloud.

denji had been paying attention to erity who stayed silent most of the time which concerned him, he had never seen her be so quiet and look sad.

he didn't expect her to look up so suddenly and meet his eyes, his bead quickly looked away and his cheeks flushed. embarrassed that she had caught him staring at her.

"are you okay denji?" he somehow heard her voice over everyone else's and looked back to her grey eyes and curious face. "your cheeks are flushed."

denji shrugged and looked away once again, "i'm fine, nothing to worry about."

"would you wanna talk outside for a minute? i'm sure everyone wouldn't mind if we stepped out.." erity offered with a hopeful gleam in her eyes, but he never saw that. he didn't bother to meet her eyes again during the rest of their conversation.