Uncle Isaiah is coming

Chapter 9: Uncle Isaiah's Coming 

The car ride home was quiet. Austin and Amy were already asleep. Zea had woken up awhile ago, and Miguel and I were struggling to keep our eyes open.

We eventually arrived home. I picked up Austin and Amy and took them to their rooms. I laid them down and turned the lights off. I trudged down the hall towards the room we shared. Miguel was there laying on his bed. I was too exhausted to change my clothes. I just lied down on the mattress.

I felt like I should say something, but I don't know what to say. I lied there trying to come up with something to say. When I came up with something to say, Miguel was already snoring.

~~~

I was woken up by 2 children jumping on me.

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP-"

If they say wake up one more time I'm going to punch them-

"WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE-"

THESE LITTLE-

"WAKE UP WAKE U-"

"I'M AWAKE,".

They quieted down. We stared at each other for a few seconds.

"What happened last night?" Austin asked. I grimaced. I didn't want to talk about last night.

"Nothing, Miguel and I were just lost for a while." I said. Austin seemed satisfied with my answer, but Amy kept staring at me waiting for me to say something. Please stop staring at me.

"Alright, let's go downstairs." I changed the topic, but I could feel Amy's eyes staring at me from behind.

We went downstairs where we saw Miguel on couch. He looked up and smiled at us.

I walked over to where he was sitting on the couch and sat next to him. Miguel had put on some show about this group of kids and they were taking this dragon egg to it's mother. The audio was in Spanish but the subtitles were in English so we could understand what they were saying.

Right now, the egg had fallen through a frozen over pond and one of the main characters named Ezran went down in the freezing water to save it. Amy and Austin seemed to really like the video show thing.

I was a bit hungry, so I asked Miguel if I could make myself breakfast. He looked at me confused, his eyebrows raised. He said I could but I didn't need to. I don't know what he meant by that, but whatever. Maybe they didn't usually eat breakfast this early.

When I arrived in the kitchen I saw Aunt Sarah feeding Zea. She noticed that I had come in the room.

"Ah, Cameron! Do you want some food? I can make you something!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, I was going to make some breakfast for me and the other's, but yes, thank you." I thanked her. That was weird... Father would never offer to make me breakfast. And Mother is usually gone for months at a time and sometimes when I wake up she'd have already left. But Aunt Sarah had just offered to make me some food out of the blue. Maybe I'm just thinking about this to much. Yeah, I probably am.

Aunt Sarah had finished feeding Zea and then started to make breakfast. I sat down next to Zea and just made funny faces at her.

I got up close and then she lightly smacked my head (do you really hate me that much?). I rubbed my cheek and looked down at Zea, who seemed to giggle at my pain.

Aunt Sarah had made me a potato omelette. 

I thanked her for the food and she replied with "It wasn't a problem!".

 I took my time eating, and once I was finished I took it to the sink. I scrubbed it clean and then put it at the bottom of the sink. I dried my hands and then went over to Zea and picked her up. I walked over to the living room with Zea babbling in my arms.

I sat down next to the rest of my siblings and Miguel who were still watching the same show.

For the rest of the day, we all played games and watched the TV. 

We also had a drawing contest. Austin drew a spider, no sorry he drew "Pumpkin", the spider he found with his friends at school. Miguel drew some taco with legs and a face. I drew a cabin in the winter and Amy drew a picture of Zea.

We decided Zea would pick the winner. We presented all of our drawings in front of her and she had to choose from one. She waddled over to Amy's drawing and pointed at his, declaring the winner. Amy cheered. I think we all knew he was going to win. He was an amazing artist. And also because Amy is Zea's favourite sibling, so there's that.

We ended up watching some movie called Finding Nemo. About 30 minutes into the movie I got up to use the restroom.

I passed some random room but stopped when I heard voices. I could hear Father and Aunt Sarah's voice.

"What do you mean Isaiah is in Ireland!?" Father's voice boomed. "And he's coming here." Aunt Sarah spoke next, "All I know is that Isaiah is coming here soon, very soon,".

My eyes widened, Uncle Isaiah was coming?