We go out

I woke up to someone yelling "¡Oi! ¡Despierta antes de que te obligue a hacerlo!" Right into my ear. I sprang up and punched the closest thing near me.

"¡Ah! ¡Dios mío, eso dolió!" And unfortunately the closest thing near me was Miguel. "OH MY GOD! ARE YOU OKAY!? DID I HURT YOU!?" I panicked. I had never punched anyone, and I did not like it at all. Father would murder me if I did(I don't doubt he would).

"Nah, you're good! It hurt not that much. I feel good." He said. I sighed in relief. "Oh, we have to go down. Breakfast is soon." He said. He left me to get changed and I changed into a flannel jacket and some shorts. Under my flannel jacket I had a white shirt. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth after and then went downstairs.

Downstairs I saw the adults and Miguel sitting down. I walked over to Miguel and sat down next to him. I was halfway done with my plate before Austin and Amy came down. They sat in the same seats as yesterday and ate breakfast. There was small talk with the adults while we just sat there and ate. Me and Miguel finished first and brought our plates to the sink. We then went to the living room and just hangout. Amy and Austin came in with Zea and the morning was spent smiling and laughing.

It was about 13 o clock when Aunt Sarah told us we were going out to explore a bit. Amy didn't want to and complained until Father said we were going and that was it.

30 minutes later we were walking down the streets of Madrid. The building were tall and beautiful. People driving and others walking. Trees on the sidewalks. Bunch of shops. More people, more driving, lots of shops that were in Spanish and I could recognize a few words.

We all had to stay in groups. Me and Miguel making sure Amy and Austin don't do anything, and the adults in the back with Zea talking.

We stopped to take pictures, buy some drinks or food that Aunt Sarah had insisted we try, or look at shops. Everything looked nice, the food tasted good, and everyone was happy (-minus Father).

Ame and Austin were happily skipping in front of us talking about who knows what. Even the author doesn't know.

I thought about the Boxcar children and how they had run away. Miguel said you can run away for any reason. The Boxcar children ran because they thought their grandpa was mean.

'If I ran away, where would I go?' The Boxcar children had traveled until they found an abandoned Boxcar and lived there. I named all the countries I could thinks of. 

" France, Germany, Russia, Poland, Estonia, Wales, New Zealand, Australia, Finland, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Ireland, Britain, Peru, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Jordan, Egypt, South Africa, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, Japan...

 North and South Korea... Canada, Mexico, America."

I had heard a lot about America. An old friend of mine went to America once. He said, and in his own words, "The streets were very large, and they had really good food! The people were very friendly to,". I also heard a lot from Amy about the US. Amy and Sara had done a project about it and now Amy knows all the states by heart. I could only name about 8 states and that was it. But the things I heard from people who have gone to America were positive. If I ran away, I would probably go to America.

Before I could think anymore about America, I had bumped into something. Well, someone.

"¡Oof! ¡Mierda, mi trabajo!" The man cried.

The guy dropped his papers and bent down quickly trying to get his papers. I dropped down and helped him get his papers. I gave him the papers back after we had picked them all up.

"¡Gracias, joven!" He said to me.

I knew he said thank you, but I still don't speak Spanish. I spoke English and French, but not Spanish. I didn't know what to do so I said I didn't know Spanish. In English. The man looked confused for a second. He seemed to think for a bit before saying, "You speak Inglés?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"Oh, okay. Well thank you boy. I could not have gotten all the papers if you were not here."

"It's my fault you dropped them, sorry about that."

"No, don't apologise, I was in a rush and did not look where I was going," He smiled at me. "What is your name boy?" He asked, still smiling.

"Cameron," I replied.

"Thank you Cameron for helping me. Not many people here would do that. My name is Marquez." He grinned at me. He then looked at his watch and looked to me, "I must go now, I wish you a good day." Marquez waved and hurried off. I watched as he walked away until I could no longer see him. He was somewhere in the crowd of people, just another person trying to get by in life.

I stared in the direction Marquez went for a bit until I had realised that I had zoned out. I quickly looked around for the others.

I looked around anxiously before I realised that the others weren't anywhere near me.

 I was lost.

I just realised this, but can anyone guess who Marquez is? He's certainly not a country, but we have mentioned the city. If you have a guess on who he is please comment!