Chapter 19:: Secrets

Start from the beginning

—Time skip 

You were roaming around the palace, trying to find a place to hide. 

Taehyung, Jungkook and you were sitting in the backyard together when Jungkook said you all could play hide and seek. You agreed immediately. Taehyung sighed, saying it wasn't a very good idea to do that in the palace but who cared? It was democracy you all followed. 

So Taehyung was the one counting and you and Jungkook went separate ways to hide. God knows if it'd take Taehyung a day to find you both. But whatever. 

You found a huge door nearby and realized it was the King's chamber. You walked near, trying to see if any room or area was nearby. But a frown appeared on your face when you heard some noises coming from inside. One was the King's and the other belonged to a woman... was it the queen? 
But the voice sounded quite high-pitched. 

You didn't mean to eavesdrop but for some reason, a suspicion worked in you that it wasn't ordinary talking. You wanted to lean in but that was bad manners. So you intended to walk away when you realized what the noise was. 
The... adult... noises.

Your body froze and your palms started sweating. What the hell did you just hear?

Oh god these royals needed to control! You quickly ran away, not wanting to get caught in this... weird situation and be misunderstood. A few maids were walking past and they were about to question you but you ran away quickly. 
"I thought the Queen was very... quiet. She screams wow." You cringed at the thought, hitting your head to forget them but as you looked up, you saw the Queen.

The Queen.

She was here.

"Princess?" She asked, a soft smile on her face as she reached you. You stared at her, the sky falling on your head. If she was here, who was there? 
"Your Highness..." You whispered as she smiled, "You still haven't started calling me Mother. Just call me that!" 
"Is the King in the palace?" You asked as she nodded, "Yeah, in his chamber I think. Why?" 

You didn't reply, you continued staring at her. Everything was so confusing now. 
"No... j-just curious." You said. She frowned a little as you gulped, looking down. What the hell? 
Your hands were trembling, "Princess? You look... are you alright? Did you see something?"
The panic in her voice assured you she knew it too. You shook your head, "We were playing hide and seek. If I get caught, I'll be doomed. You know, Prince Taehyung's counting. I'll go hide now."
She chuckled, "of course." 

You walked away, bowing politely but as soon as you left the place, you felt tears rushing down your face. 

The Queen's face appeared in your mind and more tears streamed down your face. You crouched down in the middle of the empty hallway. 

She knew. 

Is that why everyone hated the King? God, you hated him now. You despised any thoughts that came into your mind. 

You had seen a few women entering the palace this morning but had no idea who they could be. Now, it was clear. 

The King was cheating on the Queen, in this palace. 

How did word never get out? 

Or maybe it had. People with power could suppress the media. You had heard rumours before in the US about the royal family's affairs but you never paid attention. After all, you had no idea you'd be marrying into this palace but now, you had to know. At least something that'd let you know about the secrets you needed. 

"Y/N?" You heard a familiar deep voice as you wiped your tears, standing up. Behind you, footsteps approached and you felt your heart shaking. You gulped and turned around, smiling, "You caught me." 
But he didn't smile. He was frowning. He noticed your flushed nose and glistening eyelashes. 
"You're crying." He spoke, his face looking cold yet worry filled his eyes. 
"I thought I was lost..." 
"You know the way of this hallway." He said, confused. 
"I forgot..." You said. He walked closer to you, lifting your chin and asked, "What happened?" 
You shook your head, "N-Nothing... I told you I thought I was lost."