Christmas Special

Start from the beginning

Ash sweatdropped. It was typical for him to forget something but to Serena, it never happened. So that she was panicking wasn't anything weird.

"Relax..." Ash said, turning her around in his arms, making Serena face him. He smiled at her reassuringly before he continued. "We have still time. Tonight, it's Christmas eve so we still have some time to get something, don't we?"

Serena looked at him, still keeping her panicked face. "We do but we still have to prepare some snacks and much more for when our friends arrive." She said frantically.

Before she could ramble on more, Ash pulled her in a hug. Serena went silent and let the embrace envelop her. Once releasing her again but still holding her, Ash said; "Don't worry, we'll get this done in time."

"But how?" Serena said, looking at him while not seeing any light at the end of the tunnel.

Ash smirked. "Who says we need to do it alone? We can ask our moms to help prepare for the food and we've got a wonderful group of pokemon!"

Serena's eyes widened in response. "I don't know that..." She was saying before Ash cut her off.

"I'm sure they aren't too bothered with helping us out." Ash added. "Why don't you ask your mom while I'll call mine?" Ash suggested.

They were in Serena's house where they were holding the Christmas party with their friends and a few other guests who were invited. Ash and Serena had taken the responsibility of preparing everything on them which proved to be a bigger task than they thought before.

Serena sighed. "Sure..." Serena said walking up the stairs to her mom's bedroom. Ash in the meantime grabbed his phone and ringed his mom.

(---)

A few minutes later, Serena came downstairs again, followed by Grace. "My mom will help us out." She smiled brightly like an angel to Ash.

"My mom will come over too!" Ash affirmed.

Just then, the frontdoor opened and Delia stepped inside with Mr. Mime by her side. "Hi kids!" Delia said enthusiastically before seeing the Christmas tree in the living room. "Oh my goodness! Did the two of you put up the Christmas tree?" Delia asked, looking at the tree before turning to the young couple.

"We did..." Serena blushed in embarrassement. "Yep!" Ash smiled a toothy grin while putting his arm around Serena's shoulder and pulling her close.

"It looks wonderful." Grace admitted with a nice smile. Then, she turned to the young adults. "Now, what do you want us to help with?" She asked as Delia stepped to her side, also looking questionable at them.

Serena bowed her head down slightly. She didn't want to ask for help since the reassured them that the two of them would be able to prepare everything themselves.

"The thing is that we kinda need your help." Ash chuckled, feeling no kind of shame as Serena did. "We still need to get some gifts to place under the tree but we also need to prepare the snacks and we were wondering if you could help us with that." He finished his question.

Delia and Grace smiled to each other as Serena eyed the two mothers with a hopeful expression. Then, they nodded and turned their heads towards their children.

"Sure!" Delia smiled. "We figured that you needed some help sooner or later. It's quite a lot to do for only two people with the time you have for this." Grace added.

"Thanks mom!" Both said as serena's smile lighted up a bit.

"But why didn't you guys ask sooner?" Delia asked.

Serena bowed her head slightly in embarrassment. "Since we took this up on us, I wasn't sure if you still wanted to help..." She admitted.

Grace smiled at her daughter. Over all the things Serena had matured in, she still had her shyness and insecurities which complimented her personality.