Chapter 32 - Fancy and Gentle Warmth

Start from the beginning

"But.. Can't the hair and makeup wait?! Besides, I don't think I need makeup. I hate putting random stuff on my face." I said in slight disgust.

"No butts!" Mira held a stern look.

"Please?! Anything else, just no makeup on me!" I whined.

"No way, you need to look your top best!"

"There isn't anyone to... please." I say softly looking around to room to avoid Mira's face.

"Oh please, Cynthia-chan! We all know there's a special someone." Lucy retorted.

"I do not!"

"Do too!"

"Not!"

"Too!"

"No!"

"You two should um.. calm down." A nervous Wendy spoke and Yukino, who looks uncomfortable.

"That's right. You can whine later but right now, we need to get ready!" Lisanna added.

"Fine! But only mascara." I sighed in defeat.

"Mascara, eyeliner and lipgloss." Mira strictly said.

"But that's too m-" I stopped midway only to feel a powerful and evil demonic glare from the Satan Soul woman. I gulped nervously as sweat beads formed on my face, along with all the other girls who look as terrified as I was.

"Now what were you saying, Cynthia?" she smiled wickedly.

"Okay okay! Mataku..." I sweat dropped in defeat.

Moments later, Mira and the others were finally placing the finishing touches for my 'makeup' for at least thirty minutes now. How long does it take to put on makeup?! I sighed in annoyance, but I didn't want to anger Mira anymore so I just let them do whatever they wanted to do.

"Okay! It's finished!" Mira squealed.

"You look really pretty!" Lucy smiled.

"Really? Can I look...?"

"Not yet! It should be a surprise." Mira clasped her hands together in excitement.

"Surprise...?" I squeaked.

"That's right! Now we need to do your hair. Lucy!"

"Leave it to me! Gate of the Giant Crab, I open thee! Cancer!" I heard Lucy say as she summoned her celestial crab stylist.

"You called for me? Ebi." Her spirit said in a pose.

"Do your thing! Make Cynthia-chan beautiful!" Lucy said smiling.

"Ebi."

In a matter of 10 minutes, the crab was already done styling my hair and before I could even say anything, I was pushed into the dressing room to try on my dress. Wow, they must be really excited to see me dress up. Huffing in defeat, I slipped on my gown for the ball, then my heels. Thankfully they weren't too high. I didn't even get a chance to pick which one I wanted these were actually really nice, so no time for me to waste my breath.

Feeling ready and perfected, I stepped out to see that everyone was gawking at me. It was silent... no one said a peep. This was making me nervous, did they like it? Did I look that horrible? Maybe I shouldn't even attend the ball. I mentally sighed as I fidgeted at the hem of my dress standing there awkwardly.

"Do I look that bad...?"

"You're so beautiful!" Mira cried as she brought up her hands to her mouth with slight tears coming out of her eyes.