Chapter 30

"What if all this moment is just 60 seconds of memories and we go back to the past?"

"That's.. impossible, isn't it?" Tay answered. At some point, he thought he heard those before from him. New still have this wild imagination with me like when they were young. "Would you like to go to the past?" He asked.

"What do you think?" New asked him back. Everyone can answer that question, so why bother asking? "Anyway, I never thought you would open a café."

Tay was surprised and chuckled. "That is so random." He commented. "I wasn't able to finish college because of finances. My sister cannot afford my tuition as well as I am. I worked and saved up for it but I thought about investing it in business and continuing my studies once I'm stable. I worked as a barista at different café, I learned a lot so I decided what business should I build."

New nodded. "That's so smart of you."

"What about you? What's your plan for your future?" Tay asked.

New shrugged. "I haven't thought about it yet, but lately, I found myself into writing."

"An author?" He asked. This is surprising to him. He realized they never talked about this before. They were to focus on their present to think about their future. Again, New shrugged in his response. "How come you're into writing? I remember how you hate to write. The school year ended but you still haven't touched your books." They both laughed just thinking about their younger years. Tay used to scold him with it.

"I do hate writing," New said. "But thanks to you, I got into it." He added.

Tay pointed out himself. "Me? How come it's me?" He asked.

"Remember the journal you bought for me? I started to write things there and surprisingly, I liked it." He answered and flashed a sad smile.

"I'm glad to hear that then."

"If I were given a chance to go back from the past, I will take a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism," New said. "I don't want to spoil this conversation but Bella already confessed, didn't she?" New asked.

Tay's smile faded as soon as they were back on that topic. He nodded. Although Bella confessed to lies she did, he wasn't sure if its the truth. He doesn't know who to believe anymore.

New took a deep breath. "Can I tell you my side then? but this time, without judgment." He asked. He can't believe he will Tay his past. He kept this from him for years because he was afraid but If not now, when? Bella is always one step ahead of him. "Bella and I, we weren't like this before."

New doesn't know where his mother started to hate him. Maybe as soon as she gave birth to him, she decided to hate him. He never got a chance to get enlightened about what happened and that he deserve that kind of treatment from his mother. The woman who create and gave birth to him. He shows nothing but loves to his mother in case this might change how his mother sees him.

Bella, his sister, loves him even though they have a different father. He is lucky to have his sister by his side. He never mind his mother's treatment as long as her sister was there to remind him that he is not alone. He never holds grudges against his family, even once. He just thinks that all this is for a reason. Even if his mother shows a difference in her treatment of him and his sister. He was fine with it.

But his mother becomes more and more worst. She loves to get drunk. She cannot live without it and that's why Bella is treated the same as New was treated. Bella couldn't take it and poured out her anger on New.

"P', Mother hit me again."

"Mom almost hit me because of you, what are you thinking?! You know what? Maybe mom was right, just die. You and your useless father made our life like this!"