Chapter 16

"Hey, New~" Namtan greets him with a smile wearing her pink crop top with a mini skirt. Too cute for New's liking but it really suits Namtan's figure.  She is cute-hot. But what is really unusual is unlike before no one dared to greet the white skin boy or even sit beside him. "You look fresh today." She added.

New side eye her, "So I look worn out yesterday?" he asked.

"O-Of course not! why would I—but you know, you used to be u-uhm—anyway, I just noticed it as soon as I enter this room." She replied as she placed her books on top of the table and sat beside him.

"You noticed what? Complete your sentence for fucksake." New said.

Namtan shrugged. "Good mood? I honestly don't know how to describe it."

New nodded. He is still looking for a chance to apologize to her. He gave her an attitude at Tay's café. She doesn't deserve that, she's the nicest girl she knows in this school. Who wouldn't think that he will get a chance to have 'friends'? New will be forever thankful to her for attempting to be friends with him. 

"Look." New started. "I didn't mean to say mean things to you back there, I was just frustrated about something that day."

"Oh, that? It's fine, I totally get it. You're extreme and you hate boring stuff." Namtan didn't remove the smile on her face.

"You sure you're fine?" New is still doubting whether she's really fine or just faking it just to get over with it. "I would really appreciate it if you tell me honestly what you really feel." He added.

Namtan pouted. "But I was!"

"Okay. Don't you blame me, I asked you two times already." He said and opened his book to read but he can't focus not when someone is bothering him. Namtan keeps tapping the table and looking at him like she wants to ask something. New tries to ignore it but knowing his anger issue, he knows he can't plus he need to study unlike her who can kill their final exam with no effort at all. After a few more minutes of suppressing his anger, New can't stop himself and grabbed Namtan's hand to make her stop.

"Okay stop. Ask what you want so I can go back to my study PEACEFULLY."

Namtan giggles and hugs New's arm. "I'm really curious about something though." She said cutely. "Is there something between you and Mr. Sun?"

"Are you the only one who calling him Mr. Sun?" New asked back. Complete ignoring what the real question. Now that he heard of it again, he wanted to say how much he hates that nickname she made for Tay. The first time Namtan said that name, he imagine a late 30's owner of the café she was talking about. Not a 21 years old guy who barely have a beard. Though it makes sense since Tawan is Tay's real name and it means sun.

"Yeah... Do you want also to call him Mr. Sun?" Namtan asked.

New shook his head. "The heck no." She then clings again to New's arm.

"Then answer my question~"

"Still the heck no," New answered. Namtan let go of his arm in disappointment. "Why did you ask?"

"I just figured it out the way you reacted that day."

"I was that obvious?!"

"Gatcha! I knew you have something with him."

"You stupid little bitch." New cursed after getting tricked.

"New and his favorite words." Namtan keeps teasing him. "Are you ex-lovers? Or ex-no-label slash friends with benefits? Which of the two?"

"None of the two." New was a bit annoyed.

"No way! I never got wrong with my assumption!"

"Well, now you did. Is Mr. Hetrakul won't come? He's 30 minutes late." New said as he took a glance at his watch.