Chapter 22

Namtan stared at them in annoyance while sipping her blue lemonade in this hot weather. Arm is also drinking his lemonade, just observing the three.

"Would you really give me this awkwardness? On my date?" Namtan asked.

"Who's awkward? No one's awkward—" New said and looked away as soon as he saw Tay's eyes. "—here." He continued.

Namtan rolled his eyes. "Can't you see how fresh and happy this paradise is here? You are making it like we are going to a hunted house or something."

New and Tay still went to the amusement park despite being not okay with each other. New woke up in a blur, and utterly depressed earlier, but he chose not to go here and faced Tay with braveness. While Tay, he closed his café shop just for this. He's a little worried that New might invite Off instead if he didn't come. Not that it was his business. However, the results are totally awkward and not fun at all. It's like Namtan and Arm are taking care of two children that fought because of candy.

"Wasn't our plan going to split into two?" Arm bored asked. 

Namtan sighed. "Yes, of course, but can't you see your friends here? How might we be supposed to leave these two in this kind of situation? They will probably just go home."

Arm shrugged and leaned against the chair. "Sounds good to me—aw!" He groaned after receiving a punch from his girlfriend.

"Bastard."

Arm fixed his position. "Look, can't you see what's going on here? They want to be here, they won't go home." The two are listening to the couple in front of them like they can't hear anything at all. "Despite their argument, they still went here, because they wanted to. Trust me, I know them."

New had never been concerned about Arm getting a hit of him liking Tay because he is a complete moron, but this time he was sweating like he was sitting in a sauna because everything he said made sense. New sat there, his arm rubbed against his pants, wishing they could talk about something else.

"Just go," New said, but in his mind, he was asking himself if this was the right thing to do or if he was just proving to himself that he was brave enough to be with Tay all alone.

Namtan crossed her arm to her chest. "Sure, Mr. Thitipoom." Then he turned his eyes to Tay. "Mr. Sun, I'm leaving my friend with you."

Arm pulled his girlfriend away from their area as she still wasn't convinced that it was safe to leave the two alone.

New sighs and turns to face Tay beside him "Let's just go."

"Already?" Tay asked.

"What? Are you planning to stay here for the entire day? You should have told me and I would get you a ticket for the amusement chair." New said.

Tay scratched his head, "I thought you meant going home." How could New want to go home when this is his chance to be with him? He could never.

"I don't really want to mention this but, can we pretend for today that... that day didn't exist? just for this day." New asked a favor.

Tay placed his hands in his pocket and smiled a bit. "Why don't we just pretend it didn't exist forever?" New bit his lips to hide his surprise at his question. He looked at the ground and was thinking about what he would say to him. He hoped that it was just easy like that because if it was, he would.

He shook his head. "I don't think I can."

"I was thinking of this lately, and it feels like you were hiding something from me."

"I said, let's not mention that today."

"So, it connects?"

New sighed for the nth time and gulped when the older guy is actually having a clue of what he's been hiding for years. He pulls all of his courage and strength together before he nods in response to his questions. He was breathing heavily, and his hands were trembling so badly.