Chapter 13

"Don't you have class?" One loud morning wakes New up. He massage his temple and grabbed his phone under his pillow to check the time. It's only 7:30 and they are being loud already. He took a deep breath and stay his eyes close for a minute to see if he can go back to his sleep but he failed since the noise won't stop. "Yah! You're skipping class again, aren't you?" She still keeps knocking on the door. He stood up groaning how his head hurts and went to his bathroom to wash his face. He doesn't have a class this morning but his mom is annoying already. 

His mom is still banging on the door and yelling his name over and over again as if she wasn't getting tired of doing it. 

"SHUT UP!" New yelled back. Ever since he was back at their house, he didn't get a chance to have a peaceful sleep. That's why sleeping with strangers how is more convenient for him. It's odd to hear that he finds peace with someone he barely knows.

"Mom, stop it, please. He is already up." He heard his sister's voice which made him more annoyed. "New, eat your breakfast before you leave." She added.

"Eat your breakfast my ass." He said to himself.

After Tay left the town without a word, everything changed. Off went to Bangkok too, after graduation. Mild went abroad and Arm, served in the military leaving him all alone. He tried to convince his mother to get him and live in Bangkok with them instead but her mother didn't grant his wishes. Too bad that his mother still remembers what he said before that he prefer to go to hell and won't go back even if he turned 16 rather than living with them because seeing his mother and sister makes him want to commit suicide. 

That's what his mother said to him. She remembers every word he said to him back then but it didn't stop New. He begged and begged until his mother agreed to take him. He doesn't want to be with them of course but he needs to burn his ego in order to follow and find Tay. His mother agreed eventually but with a condition. He needs to top his class and that's too hard for New. He accepted it. He failed to be on top in his class until he was 18 then his mother took him and enrolled him at university to continue his study. During those years, all he wanted is to find Tay but he didn't get a chance before he turned legal age.

He thought that when he get to Bangkok, it will be easy to find Tay again but that didn't happen. New still can't find Tay no matter how hard he tries. Now his mother is pressuring him to keep on top or else he will be back in that town again. He's considered a black sheep, unlike his perfect sister. He still wants to prove to his mom that he's better than her but with his grade, he won't have his mother's side.

"Stop running away, you little shit!"

"Mom please I beg you! I need to go there!"

He remembers how he runs away to find Tay after a few months but his mother asks someone to find him and bring him back to the house. He almost got assaulted and died back there by the stranger. Good thing, the police were on the right time to save him. Remembering those times, he just wants to give up. Maybe this is what destiny wants, to separate him from the person he treasures the most and that's unfair. He's losing faith that he could see him again.

He only got 2 hours of sleep but he choose to get up and go to the library to study instead. He still has a goal to be on top in his class and shove it to his sister's face that he's not a loser like what she thinks of him. He spent his 3 hours studying a single subject making sure he was ahead of everyone and after he went to the pub. Yes, it's too early to go to the pub but he won't get a chance to go here today since he has a subject in the evening.

Sometimes, he goes here just to have a free hotel or motel to sleep in it, strangers keep asking for his number to sleep with him but all he wants is to have room to sleep. Aside from his mom being loud and annoying, it still hurts his pride that after what happened he crawled back to get some help from his mom but when it comes to Tay, he can gulp everything just to get him back.