Chapter 17

"So, Mr. Sun literally asked about himself?" Namtan asked while munching the chips in front of them. This time, New is busy studying the formula in his Physics but the girl beside him seems like can't get a hint that he needs to study. She chuckled just thinking of it. "But you did kiss him, right? Why the hell is he confused then?"

Even though New already said to Namtan that he needs to study, she won't stop bugging him to tell him their story. So he ended up telling her. It's not bad at all, it's his first time telling this to someone. Like what New said, there is something between them back then, he totally felt it. It's too special for them that he treasures even a single moment.

"That's why it slapped the hell out of me when he treated me like a long-time buddy," New said still focusing on his book.

"You never said it though," Namtan said. "He is also confused as you."

"Or maybe he didn't like me at all," New said.

"Don't be hard on yourself." Namtan said, holding New's hand.

New smirked. "Too late, I already did."

Namtan is totally right. Tay may be confused as he is back then. Neither of them acknowledges whatever they're doing or what they really are and New thought it's enough. That's what scares New the most. He never felt this way about anyone before, he knew at that moment that he can be clearly destroyed if he plays this wrong. Just like what happened to him. Completely destroyed. 

Because day by day, he became desperate. He's slowly wanting Tay all by himself. Seeing how they progress more slowly than he expected, he became more and more desperate. That explains when everything goes the way he wanted, he thought it's enough. He's already contented with what they have.

"Stop frowning okay? It's half your fault anyway. To end this, just confessed to him. He has someone but it's not like they are dating."

New nodded, "Yeah easy for you to say."

"Yeah easy for you to say that I like Arm," Namtan said rolling her eyes at New, while the other boy laughed just remembering her reaction when he accidentally told Arm her secret.

He dropped the book and faced his friend, "Shouldn't you be thanking me? You and Arm are dating." Namtan grinned at him and took something from her bag. She placed a took ticket and placed it on top of the table. 

"Now that you mentioned it, I bought extra two tickets for you and Mr. Sun."

New took a glance at the tickets as his smiles faded, "Amusement park? No. Not a fan."

"Oh please, book all Mr. Sun's schedule. You never knew if he is using his free time dating."

New sighed and closed the book. He slowly looked at Namtan with an irritated face. "Tell me when."

"Good boy, whitey!"

New went home. This is his first time going home this early. Everything is going so well for him. He met his old good friend, he has Namtan, while Tay... is in the process of confessing his feelings. He can't be a coward forever and let history repeat itself. He will do it, he is starting to step out of his comfort zone. Just like Earth said, though he met Tay already, he needs to move forward without Tay's help. Just in case whatever happened or the results of confessing his feelings, he won't crumble like before. He just hope so.

"Newwiee, you're home." Bella welcomed him with a smile and the delicious smell of the dish she was cooking. "Are you hungry?" She asked.

These past few days, he decided to at least give her sister a chance. This is one big step for him to move forward. If he can do this, he definitely can do more. New placed his bag on the couch and sat at the counter where her sister is cooking.