Chapter 26

"This is so lame. I didn't even prepare how to confess..." Off said. "But it's you."

At first, it didn't register in his mind what Off had just said to him. He just stared the hell out of him until he finally returned to reality. He doesn't know how to react, especially when those words came from him. It's not just like him, but he is the person Off was talking about, the person he likes even when they are in their junior year.

Mix and Arm are arguing about something that he didn't even bother to know. He's surprised, but he remains neutral in his facial expressions. He tried not to make everything so awkward between them. He chuckled and said, "If you're being serious, what makes you like me?"

"Being you." He answered fast and honestly. He appears to be prepared for whatever New may ask of him.

"You like spoiled kids? Gosh, you need to think right."

Off nodded. "I've been thinking about this for years already. Do I need more time?" He answered. Right before New could answer, Off cut him off by answering his question. "I don't, and I'm ready. Remember when you asked me why I didn't help you out back then despite knowing you liked Tay? It's because I like you. Plus, I still can't accept the fact that all of people you are the one I liked."

"Yah! Off Jumpol! Why are they being quiet there?" Arm yelled at his friend.

"Why don't you just believe me? Off and Gun broke up. That's it! So, for your information, Mr. Vihokratana, we don't tolerate cheating here. Off is free to pursue New whenever he wants."

There is so much happening inside the bus. New has no idea what they are fighting for. He is still in a process when Tay suddenly mention his name.

"Does Off like New?"

A smile formed on Off's face. "I'm here. Why don't you just ask directly?" He spoke nicely despite getting a little annoyed. 

Tay's jaw hardens after hearing Off's response to him. He sounds like his friend is challenging him. "Do you like New?"

There was a moment of silence when Tay asked. They were waiting for an answer, but before that, he took a glance at New, who was looking at him. Off is trying to read his face. He doesn't know if the young man would like everybody to know Off's feelings or not, so he is kind of hesitating to answer, but at the same time, he does want to tell them, especially the guy behind him.

Everyone is ready to hear his answer. 

He realized that Off was depending on him. So, he sighed and began speaking. "Go on, you don't need my permission."

Off gave him a friendly smile. "I do like New." He said this while keeping his gaze fixed on New.

Tay's fist clenched. For some reason, he doesn't like it. After Off confirms that he likes New, something in him explodes. He now understood why he had assumed New liked Off. From the way they cared for and were close to each other, he can't be blamed for thinking like that.

Everyone is having a mix of emotions with this sudden confession.

Mix is having a mental breakdown due to being a fanboy of OffNew ft. Earth stopping his boyfriend. Arm is still completely perplexed. Namtan was concerned for her friend.

It's like they are having a whole party inside the bus, but everything is ruined when Tay decides to shoot his last loaded gun.

"But New likes me." Everyone became silent.

Tay caught them off guard. Never in their wildest dreams did they imagine Tay saying it. All of them were speechless and didn't know how to respond to that. Aside from being surprised, it's the truth.